Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about swapping out the stock tires for some Zillas, just debating on the size. 26 or 27? What are y'all running and how do you like them? Post some pics!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got 27's on mine and love them so far. I haven't noticed any power loss with the larger tires. I went on some long runs this past weekend and plowed snow with them yesterday and they were great

Attachments

Reactions: DsuOkra

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have 27's on mine on the stock wheels and quite pleased. No lift on mine and no clearance issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
zillas are defenetly an ideal tire most of the guys down here in ns where i live run these or wild thangs which are pretty much the same thing, ive been running 26s for a year and a half and i like mine not that much wear

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't noticed yet, but we haven't had any mud since I put them on. For what it's worth they don't seem to fling snow over the fenders...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought I wanted the 26" Zillas but read some reviews about bad tread wear and tearing off lugs.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Had another great ride on the trail today. The zillas are great in snow. I did have a mishap though. Spun sideways on ice while going a little to fast. Slid til I hit snow and put bike on it's side. I landed clear thankfully. A valuable lesson to slow down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had another great ride on the trail today. The zillas are great in snow. I did have a mishap though. Spun sideways on ice while going a little to fast. Slid til I hit snow and put bike on it's side. I landed clear thankfully. A valuable lesson to slow down.
Hopefully no damage. I've had many snowmobiles upside down (probably more than I've had right-side-up) but never upset an ATV. Except now I've probably gone and jinxed myself.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hopefully no damage. I've had many snowmobiles upside down (probably more than I've had right-side-up) but never upset an ATV. Except now I've probably gone and jinxed myself.

No damage. Just bent up my gunboot mount a bit. No big deal. Gonna get a workout plowing over the next 2 days I would bet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No damage. Just bent up my gunboot mount a bit. No big deal. Gonna get a workout plowing over the next 2 days I would bet.
I don't think my Kodiak will move this snow. We're at over two feet now and it's showing no signs of letting up in the near future. The weather radar shows the snow is now coming in from east to west instead of the south to north it had been doing all day. The snow bands are basically hooking back on us. I know the bike won't move it, and I'm even skeptical the truck will (I have a truck with a plow). I may have to resort to the snowblower, since it can chuck the snow out of the way instead of pushing it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
We just had a snowmaggedon type storm that dumped 58cm (over 20") of snow. I had my doubts the Kodiak could handle it but I made the attempt to plow anyway. Pleased to say the Kodiak and the zillas handled the task admirably. Took a while but, it's cleared. Impressed the crap out of me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts