Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What does your wheel and tire combo weight?

It's been snowing and raining for the last few days. Decided to switch the new 9" PitBull Growlers to the back again for winter....... While I was at it I borrowed two plain analog scales to weight my wheels and tire combo.

26x9" all four on front factory 12" aluminum wheels weigh 34-35 lbs depending on the scale used. Their was no weight difference between the new or older 2700mile tires... Average 34.5lbs

26x11" on rear factory 12" aluminum wheels are 41-42lbs With 2700 miles. Average 41.5 lbs

So my skinny /wide set up weighs 152lbs total including wheels.

My square skinny set up is 138 lbs total with wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Can anyone of our fine moderators change the title of this thread to,

"What does your wheel and tire combo weight?"

????

Thank you...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Definitely a sportier over all feel! Probably combination of slightly smaller diameter vs bit less weight vs less over all rubber contact to the ground.

It's also a brutally capable set up. Already drove them threw some nasty swamps, mud, skeg, snow, ice, many frozen hills etc..., Man I love my PitBull Growlers!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
It looks like you got it pretty stuck. Your windshield makes me think of C.H.I.P.S. and Ponch or John should be riding it.

One good thing about heavier tires is it lowers your center of gravity.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Winter wonderland with skinny Growlers!

Racked up 250 kms of riding on this set up. Never lack traction!!!! Loven the winter riding....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts