Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
125 Posts
@Vincent Yes, none of that applies specifically to plowing. Although the OP didn't ask about trail riding in snow, I brought it up in the event someone reading this would also like the ability to have a good setup for both trail riding in snow and plowing. As you know, I will be moving to a square tire setup when it comes time for new tires.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Basically the more edges the more bite, any tire with grooved lugs should work pretty well. You can also take a utility knife or tire hot knife and cut 1/4" slits across the tread to provide more bite. My Reptile Radials are a pretty dang good winter tire that get good traction on ice.

Reactions: Buckmaster

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So far, just from online viewing, I am leaning toward the Kenda Bear Claw HTR.

I mainly just plow snow in the winter and don't trail ride in the snow.

When we do trail ride it is mostly dry and hard pack dirt and some rocks so the HTR's seem like a good fit.

I'm not sure that the stock tires weigh, but the BC-HTR's weigh 25 pounds each.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
Basically the more edges the more bite, any tire with grooved lugs should work pretty well. You can also take a utility knife or tire hot knife and cut 1/4" slits across the tread to provide more bite. My Reptile Radials are a pretty dang good winter tire that get good traction on ice.
Aren't they awesome the way they seem to actually grab slick surfaces? I think they have real ground up reptile feet in the rubber compound. Lol
We were out one day and there was a lot across the trail, first bike over it peeled the ball off exposing a wet slimy surface. My reptiles were the only ones out of 5 bikes that didn't spin on that slime.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
So far, just from online viewing, I am leaning toward the Kenda Bear Claw HTR.

I mainly just plow snow in the winter and don't trail ride in the snow.

When we do trail ride it is mostly dry and hard pack dirt and some rocks so the HTR's seem like a good fit.

I'm not sure that the stock tires weigh, but the BC-HTR's weigh 25 pounds each.
Personally, I think you would be very happy with those. They were my second choice, my reptiles only beat them out by local price & availability, and a tad deeper lug.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buckmaster
21 - 25 of 25 Posts