Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the (uh, only :)B) features I'm jealous of on my wife's 300 Brute Force (besides it's ease of "flickability" ) is her awesome, integrated water bottle holder molded into the front fender, GENIUS Kawasaki! I really want one on mine.

Seeing the cool aluminum badge covers that replace the riveted warning stickers made me think "He should make a nice water bottle holder that goes there."

So I have got to replace my current basic water bottle with something a little more stable. : )B

What kind of water bottle/beer holder do you folks use?

I'm thinking of using the rivet holes for the large warning sticker to anchor a homemade leather holder. Sew a bottom to the piece that is riveted (bolted, maybe clip-on rivets? Do they make those?) and it would be functional.

Hmmm. . . Prolly could fit a slim pocket on the oustide. That might come in real handy.

Or maybe a place for the little Blackhawk? What I'm using now is functional and allows easy access, but the gun would be better protected mounted on the fender.

Do any of you have any recommendations on a DIY water bottle holder/pocket/holster? I have seen some cool PVC ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
You could try a water bottle carrier for a bike (pedal not motor). They're pretty light weight and you could probably rivet over the top of the warning labels (don't want the po-po after you for removing that super important label). I think they even include the bottle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, Pablo!

You think the Po-po will give me a hard time for removing the riveted on warnings?

I sure try to NOT break laws, and most all of my interactions with law enforcement since arriving in Oregon 15+ years ago have went well.

I may need to re-think this endeavor. After all, there are many other options out there. It would be real nice to have a bottle holder right there though! (ugh)

I could save them and put them back on if I get messed with.

: )B

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see fender bags covering up those warning labels all the time. I don't think I'd worry too much about it. If that's their biggest concern, I think you're okay.

Maybe you need to come up with a unique design, sell it to the masses, make bazillions, and go wheelin' all the time ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
The warning stickers are there for the government and the dealer.

They are like the warning stickers on a car or truck that are stuck to the visor.

Or the tag on your pillow.

Once the consumer gets it they can go away.

Or do you leave that tag on your pillows?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The warning stickers are there for the government and the dealer.

They are like the warning stickers on a car or truck that are stuck to the visor.

Or the tag on your pillow.

Once the consumer gets it they can go away.

Or do you leave that tag on your pillows?
Good to know. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts