Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the rear cargo box. Love the fitment and how it’s designed to fit within the cargo rack. Definitely secure! Will definitely come in hand for trail rides. I was having to have my buddy store things in his Polaris front trunk before. It’s an awesome feature of the Polaris that I wish more ATV’s had!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice I like it , how ya liking the OG bear claws ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice I like it , how ya liking the OG bear claws ?
I think they’re great. Huge improvement over stock. Great all around tire. Not excessively heavy either

Reactions: Jssrvlz and Rob-c

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good lookin box. And the og bearclaws!

Reactions: Saint_T

·
Registered
2021 700-EPS, EHS tuner/airbox, HMF Titan, Warn 2500, 52" plow, 1" spacers, front basket, rear box.
392 Posts
Good lookin box.
What he ∆ said! ∆

I've got the same rear box on mine, and you're right, it's a really nice fit. I also like that it's not too tall. I bought the OEM front box too, which has an equally nice look and good fit, but I ended-up not using it, it blocks the high-beam headlight and restricts easy access to the hood too much for my tastes. However, I might just keep it and attach it temporarily (with easily removed bungees?, ratchet straps? or something like that?), rather than the four bolts and other hardware normally used.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
What he ∆ said! ∆

I've got the same rear box on mine, and you're right, it's a really nice fit. I also like that it's not too tall. I bought the OEM front box too, which has an equally nice look and good fit, but I ended-up not using it, it blocks the high-beam headlight and restricts easy access to the hood too much for my tastes. However, I might just keep it and attach it temporarily (with easily removed bungees?, ratchet straps? or something like that?), rather than the four bolts and other hardware normally used.

yeah... I'm gonna have something to use for utility around the house, that's easy to remove...

·
Registered
2021 700-EPS, EHS tuner/airbox, HMF Titan, Warn 2500, 52" plow, 1" spacers, front basket, rear box.
392 Posts
yeah... I'm gonna have something to use for utility around the house, that's easy to remove...
It could be just me and the various types of use that I have here for our Kodiak, but it's unlikely that I'll ever need to remove the rear box. The front box however, is different. The rear box gives me the minimim storage needed, but with no front box, I can use the front rack for everything bulky, like camping gear (tent, sleeping bags), folding camp chairs, cooler, deer or elk, etc. So I think I'll be good with just the rear box.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
It could be just me and the various types of use that I have here for our Kodiak, but it's unlikely that I'll ever need to remove the rear box. The front box however, is different. The rear box gives me the minimim storage needed, but with no front box, I can use the front rack for everything bulky, like camping gear (tent, sleeping bags), folding camp chairs, cooler, deer or elk, etc. So I think I'll be good with just the rear box.
That works... Kinda the same for me. I'll use the front rack and the hitch-mounted basket for yard work and projects..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the mesh steel baskets/racks for both the front and back. I love that I can throw chain saws and stuff like that in without it falling off. I also bought 2 50 cal ammo cans (plastic). I drilled through the bottom of those and put the mounting bolts for the rack through there so they are secured. I carry the tow straps, extra rope, shackles, etc... with room to spare.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I bought the mesh steel baskets/racks for both the front and back. I love that I can throw chain saws and stuff like that in without it falling off. I also bought 2 50 cal ammo cans (plastic). I drilled through the bottom of those and put the mounting bolts for the rack through there so they are secured. I carry the tow straps, extra rope, shackles, etc... with room to spare.
Sweeeet! That sounds like a pretty nice setup. I jumped on an enclosed rear box within days of buying our Kodiak, because I needed some sort of storage rather quickly, and I'd likely miss the locking feature of an enclosed box, but I might just consider a mesh basket rather than a box at some point, because I rarely (if ever) leave the bike unattended, so I don't truly need a locking box anyway. The only serious drawback would be the rain and tools, but your sealed ammo box approach would certainly solve that. (y)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Happy (early) Father's Day, Dad! It looks awesome! I've got the same box on my 700, and I'm busy trying to find a way to use the drain hole at the bottom of each of those two cup holders, to mount a pair of 6-foot whip flags! Hopefully, I'll have her done here by the weekend.👍

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Kodiak 700 EPS SE, Tactical Black, 26-9R12, 26-11R12 Traxion Gripper Max Radials, light bar
8 Posts
What he ∆ said! ∆

There are quick cargo box bolts available . There are shaped like hooks with heavy plastic turn knobs instead of nuts. Only require 1 hole to be drilled.

·
Registered
392 Posts
There are quick cargo box bolts available . There are shaped like hooks with heavy plastic turn knobs instead of nuts. Only require 1 hole to be drilled.
Thanks for tip, Andrew! I'll have to check that out.👍

·
Super Moderator
1,717 Posts
You can also just go down to your local hardware store and pick up some 1/4" J bolts and find the nobs that will screw onto them over in the drawer section, usually for furniture but it is in the hardware nut and bolt section..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, this whole discussion has definitely got me thinking about things. I'm actually good with my rear cargo box being permanently attached, and a quick release arrangement for the front cargo box would be great, but it still blocks that high beam lamp, which just bothers me.

So I'm kinda leaning towards one of those StrongMade mesh backet racks for the front instead. Those sit below the light beam, but if I were to go that way (at least as I envision it), I'd need to come up with some other form of quick release mechanism other than 'J' hooks. It's all alot of fun to think about though!

Thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts