Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am thinking about ordering over fenders for my 2019 Kodiak 700 eps not a lot to choose from
Has anyone installed Yamaha over fenders
I was wondering if they are durable and flexible
How far do they stick out I don’t want them to stick out too much
Pictures would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
They stick out about 3" either side, and make a wheeler look about as goofy as a pickup with 3" flares and stock wheels.

I'm sure they'll help keep you clean though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
They stick out about 3" either side, and make a wheeler look about as goofy as a pickup with 3" flares and stock wheels.

I'm sure they'll help keep you clean though.
3”s...Not true more like 1.5 inches. Most of the overfenders are covering the original fender. I really liked the look and protection of the ones I installed.
3D21396A-8C11-455D-9145-32D23C769D31.jpeg
C7204911-8470-4DF2-905F-F8C1606A8FC3.jpeg

·
Registered
182 Posts
I must be thinking flares for the grizzly then.. i KNOW for sure I read someone saying theirs widened their machine 6" recently. My bad!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I must be thinking flares for the grizzly then.. i KNOW for sure I read someone saying theirs widened their machine 6" recently. My bad!
My 2009 550 grizzly had Yamaha flares that were 3" per side, 6 inch total. This bike had 1" wheel spacers and 26" Growlers

Can't speak for the 700 Kodiak but on this bike it didn't look goofy at all

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 2009 550 grizzly had Yamaha flares that were 3" per side, 6 inch total. This bike had 1" wheel spacers and 26" Growlers

Can't speak for the 700 Kodiak but on this bike it didn't look goofy at all View attachment 10402
It's just a personal preference thing I suppose. I prefer more poke than tuck with fitment on a wheeler, that, and I don't mind getting dirty or wet when I ride. Especially if it's real hot out.. barreling through a puddle fast enough to get soaked is a nice reprieve from the heat lol.

After seeing your machine with them though I do agree, doesn't look as wierd as some ive seen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did the flares on mine with wheel spacers and I still thought it looked funny so I ended up buying bigger tires to fill it out. Not the best comparison shot but it's the best I had of a before and after.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts