Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am On-Call today and the first gentleman was working on his truck and the metal bumper edge impaled his hand with EPL tendon laceration. Repaired.
IMG_6437.jpg
pop

Reactions: Oakken

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second gentleman with two prosthetic eyes (completely blind) sustained this laceration of his finger and hand using a power miter saw..not kidding. So let's all be careful in the garage. We all have a story to tell about injuries..right? Oh yeah ..REPAIRED.
20210616_195655.jpg
20210616_195650.jpg

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Holly crap!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ok the first guy yep **** happens , but what in the hell was the second guy thinking ! I’m totally on board about not letting a handicap keep you back but holly hell..

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Ahhh the joys of not paying attention.

On the blind one, I have a friend who makes wooden doll houses. He uses a table saw and a powered compound miter saw. He has both modified to stop the blades in a millisecond if something should happen. His wife had fits when he first took up the hobby but after a while she decided that if he wanted to chop off all of his fingers then it was his business.

That I know of other than a few mishap's of cutting his fingers while feeling the blades to set up a cut he has been very fortunate. But to sit in his workshop while he is running his power equipment is a test of a persons nerves.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm actually continually amazed at the ability of those who have profound disabilities who forge on in life and refuse to let it define their life. However sometimes we all bite off more than we can chew. The 'disabled ' who use depression and their prominent 'I CANT' approach to life to justify giving up are a real burden to deal with. The blind gentleman is a amazing man, you guys would like him... at the completion of the repair he said..( and I'm not making this up) ... ' maybe I should stop using the chain saw' ... seriously. Red

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
251 Posts
Glad I already ate lunch! 🤢

·
Registered
2021 700-EPS, EHS tuner/airbox, HMF Titan, Warn 2500, 52" plow, 1" spacers, front basket, rear box.
446 Posts
Dang! The last time I saw anything that ugly was at a Taylor Swift concert! But no, seriously, that is truly 'butt-ugly'. That first one of the two wounds looks very much like an injury suffered by a close friend of mine down in Texas back in '96, when he had his lower calf laid-open by an injured wild boar that he had shot on his property. Wasn't using any dogs at the time and walked up on it thinking it was stone dead. Wrong! Something like 180+ stitches and subsequent infections. Just a terrible incident.

·
Registered
2020 Kodiak 700
9 Posts
Wow! I hit my left first finger on cutting wheel while using a die grinder before being in a rush like a fool. But it paled in comparison to these, dang!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just now finished skin grafting another finger tip amputation. Careful boys and girls.
IMG956445.jpg
IMG956444.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Use those hands but carefully please. By the way technical updates sent to physicians offices related this bad news.. in 2020 more deaths were recorded in ATV accidents than motorcycles in the US. Likely due to all the newbies on the machines during this Covid experience. Anyway this is my weekend work with all the part time mechanics. Careful out there.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Part0(1).jpg
Part0.jpg

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Dang guys, better try and keep as many parts as possible. Don't want to run out before you get old!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts