Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ill probably end up out there on saturday, i won't be at brimstone which is the same mountains, just a bit northwest. Ill probably be on the east side of royal blue, closer to lafollette. My friend is really wanting to hit the eagle bluff overlook.

You will be seeing alot more offroad traffic, with this virus, alot of other outdoor things are shut down. But the trails in north tennessee, show no sign of shutting down.

Last saturday, there where tons of people out riding

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good deal! Hey, is there fuel available within a reasonable distance of Brimstone? Was thinking of throwing a couple of 5gal cans in the truck just in case.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good deal! Hey, is there fuel available within a reasonable distance of Brimstone? Was thinking of throwing a couple of 5gal cans in the truck just in case.
Brimstone is the only area that I've not been in, i dont have much info on gas. But it being a campground and trail system, Im sure if you do a little research youll find some people talking about where to get gas when riding brimstone. I know the oneida exit 141 from the Interstate is quite atv friendly, still a good ways from that campground though. Im not sure about no ethanol gas in the area though

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah gas isn't an issue, glad I took it with me anyway as it just made it a bit easier.

Some awesome trails over there! With all the rains the trails are really washed out, trail cop said some of the blues are way worse than the reds...yessir I believe that. We hit a few that were bad, one in particular, 88 or 85 can't remember. Once down in it we were committed, no turning back, there were ruts down in there 4'+ deep...it was rough.

Had a great time though, got to see what this buggy is capable of...and it is certainly capable! :)

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah gas isn't an issue, glad I took it with me anyway as it just made it a bit easier.

Some awesome trails over there! With all the rains the trails are really washed out, trail cop said some of the blues are way worse than the reds...yessir I believe that. We hit a few that were bad, one in particular, 88 or 85 can't remember. Once down in it we were committed, no turning back, there were ruts down in there 4'+ deep...it was rough.

Had a great time though, got to see what this buggy is capable of...and it is certainly capable! :)
Great to hear you had an excellent time! I would beleive you on those deep ruts, i see this often out here. The side by sides have changed the way a nasty hill needs to be hit.

I'm glad there where no roll overs:D

I'm waiting on Atv parts, so me and a friend took our vehicles out into the trails, just to need to turn around and go back on most trails.
20200411_160606.jpg
20200411_180834.jpg
We were out there near that exit yesterday, and stinking creek road

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You do have some great places to ride where you are, I know I'll be back that way! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Put a flip-up windshield on the Wolvy a while back and a 50" light bar, it will absolutely light the night! :)

Reactions: Rob-c
21 - 27 of 27 Posts