Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ill probably end up out there on saturday, i won't be at brimstone which is the same mountains, just a bit northwest. Ill probably be on the east side of royal blue, closer to lafollette. My friend is really wanting to hit the eagle bluff overlook.

You will be seeing alot more offroad traffic, with this virus, alot of other outdoor things are shut down. But the trails in north tennessee, show no sign of shutting down.

Last saturday, there where tons of people out riding

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good deal! Hey, is there fuel available within a reasonable distance of Brimstone? Was thinking of throwing a couple of 5gal cans in the truck just in case.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good deal! Hey, is there fuel available within a reasonable distance of Brimstone? Was thinking of throwing a couple of 5gal cans in the truck just in case.
Brimstone is the only area that I've not been in, i dont have much info on gas. But it being a campground and trail system, Im sure if you do a little research youll find some people talking about where to get gas when riding brimstone. I know the oneida exit 141 from the Interstate is quite atv friendly, still a good ways from that campground though. Im not sure about no ethanol gas in the area though

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah gas isn't an issue, glad I took it with me anyway as it just made it a bit easier.

Some awesome trails over there! With all the rains the trails are really washed out, trail cop said some of the blues are way worse than the reds...yessir I believe that. We hit a few that were bad, one in particular, 88 or 85 can't remember. Once down in it we were committed, no turning back, there were ruts down in there 4'+ deep...it was rough.

Had a great time though, got to see what this buggy is capable of...and it is certainly capable! :)

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah gas isn't an issue, glad I took it with me anyway as it just made it a bit easier.

Some awesome trails over there! With all the rains the trails are really washed out, trail cop said some of the blues are way worse than the reds...yessir I believe that. We hit a few that were bad, one in particular, 88 or 85 can't remember. Once down in it we were committed, no turning back, there were ruts down in there 4'+ deep...it was rough.

Had a great time though, got to see what this buggy is capable of...and it is certainly capable! :)
Great to hear you had an excellent time! I would beleive you on those deep ruts, i see this often out here. The side by sides have changed the way a nasty hill needs to be hit.

I'm glad there where no roll overs:D

I'm waiting on Atv parts, so me and a friend took our vehicles out into the trails, just to need to turn around and go back on most trails.
20200411_160606.jpg
20200411_180834.jpg
We were out there near that exit yesterday, and stinking creek road

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You do have some great places to ride where you are, I know I'll be back that way! :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Put a flip-up windshield on the Wolvy a while back and a 50" light bar, it will absolutely light the night! :)

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I saw an opportunity to let the XT-R go and recoup just about all of the money I had invested, she's gone...there's a new 2021 Yamaha RMAX2 SE getting ready to be rolled into the garage.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well I saw an opportunity to let the XT-R go and recoup just about all of the money I had invested, she's gone...there's a new 2021 Yamaha RMAX2 SE getting ready to be rolled into the garage.

View attachment 10079
Congrats on a very impressive new toy!

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That one has the 850cc engine not the 1000cc right ?
Yeah, the XT-R was the 850, smooth, strong engine. The RMAX LE is 1000C 108HP, top speed is about 70, lots of low-end grunt on the new ones.

Reactions: outbackandy

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Trailered the new RMAX home last night. I did ride it out behind the dealer's place but it was late when I got home so it just hit the garage. From what little I did play with it I can say that this machine is a beast! I'll get a good chance to put some miles on it up in the mountain this weekend, and if the weather holds out I'll put some serious miles on it during the long Thanksgiving weekend! :)

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congratulations on the new Rmax. They are truly a beast and an awesome ride taking up the roughest terrain effortlessly. I had a invitation from Yamaha to their Rmax test drive last month so I got a hour of seat time in one. Amazing difference from Sport mode to Crawl mode. You will love it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Trailered the new RMAX home last night. I did ride it out behind the dealer's place but it was late when I got home so it just hit the garage. From what little I did play with it I can say that this machine is a beast! I'll get a good chance to put some miles on it up in the mountain this weekend, and if the weather holds out I'll put some serious miles on it during the long Thanksgiving weekend! :)

View attachment 10202 View attachment 10203 View attachment 10204
Looks bad A$$!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well, to preface this I must add that I went ahead and bought a ton of OEM stuff with it...told the wife I could piecemeal this over a bit of time but the end result is the same amount...$29,900 including tax. Will be tagging this to ride the forest road trails when they send my registration.

2021 Yamaha RMAX2 LE
Flip-up windshield from SuperATV
Sliding glass rear window
Cab heater
Subwoofer
Led light bar
Front brush guard
Rear brush guard
Front skid plate
Front & rear a-arm guards

Haven't installed any of it yet, just been riding the crap out of it since I got it home! :)

Beautiful machine!!! Without getting too much into your business, what was the final price?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Rode Buffalo Mtn in the machine on Friday, beast is an understatement! Like a gun, better have it pointed in the right direction before pulling the trigger, seems to take it personal if you gouge it with a stick! :D Rode from 8AM to about 7:30, you could barely see any blue by the time I got through riding, took about 1 1/2 hrs to get the rock hard coal mud off. Didn't get my windshield installed before the trip...it was pretty brisk ride...downright cold after the sun went down.

·
Registered
551 Posts
A close friend of mine has been shopping for a new Kodiak for a couple of months and went to buy a new 450 SE yesterday, but ended up bringing home a new Rmax. 😳😂. That was a shocker. He never mentioned he was interested in one and was having a hard time justifying spending $7000

21 - 40 of 40 Posts