Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wife has no interest in getting on a 4wheeler, I offered to get her a Kodiak...no deal...

But she was fairly easily talked into going with me if I got a SxS!

I've ordered a new 2020 Yamaha Wolverine X2 XT-R, should pick it up the middle of next week...the garage is going to be seriously full at this point! :grin2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! Please update us (me) as often as possible. My partner at work has been really looking into getting one. Are you getting...
- a 2 or 4 seater
- enclosed cab
- heater
- any other options or extras?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer just called, it's ready to pickup this afternoon! :grin2:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Heck yea man! That gonna go on that new trailer?

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it home yesterday evening, ripped up the mountain behind the house last night...sitting in the garage with some serious mud on it now! :grin2:

Attachments

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Nice looking machine

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
33 Posts
That thing is beautiful. I want one. I was so close to going with a side by side but my trails are too tight. A few other things things too. I’m pretty jealous though right now. Congratulations.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, hopefully this will be as reliable as my Kodiak is...being a Yamaha I think it'll be fine! :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
You deserve a lot of credit for your purchase to build and maintain a relationship with your spouse. In 6 months or so I am hoping for a report on what you would do if you had to sell one of them. I had a side by side, and sold it soon, as it did not go where I wanted. But they definitely have a place. Thanks for sharing and good luck with it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You deserve a lot of credit for your purchase to build and maintain a relationship with your spouse. In 6 months or so I am hoping for a report on what you would do if you had to sell one of them. I had a side by side, and sold it soon, as it did not go where I wanted. But they definitely have a place. Thanks for sharing and good luck with it.
I appreciate that. :)

Yeah, the Wife and I are coming up on our 35th anniversary. I like to involve her in everything I do as best I can, some things she likes and enjoys...others she's content to do her own thing!

·
Registered
457 Posts
When I saw you responded, I started reading my post and saw the part that says "In 6 months or so I am hoping for a report on what you would do if you had to sell one of them." I then thought you were going to give me a response something like, it might be hard to make that decision, but picking between my wife and the Yamaha, will not be a hard decision. Glad the two of you work hard at it, it is not easy, but it is worth it!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That lady and I would be lost without each other :)

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can't imagine how that would be like....
Not that we're young now, but she and I will end up being the old couple you see sitting on the porch in the rockers when ya drive by:grin2:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The Wife and I were at Buffalo/Devil Anse Saturday...honestly didn't know the trails were closed, had a great time! A sign at the trailhead only spoke of temp closures on a few trails due to logging...Saw about 5 SxS's and about as many dirt bikes on the trails too.

I have to say that after all the heavy rains the trails are a bit dangerous, many big trees down and rock/mud slides. When we went as far as we could on trail 59 (massive tree across the trail) we turned around and backtracked. A new tree down on the trail going back, used to winch for the first time to drag it out of the way to get around...only to have a just-took-place rock/mud slide on up the trail a ways...! The slide was about 8 feet wide and probably 4 or 5 foot high..the Wife is in panic mode! I told her we can't just get blocked from going back, I'm gonna attempt going over....she wasn't thrilled to put it mildly! Locked in the diff and hit it, man it was a dig and a climb but got over it...I had my doubts going in! This thing is an absolute beast!

In all we got in about 90 miles and headed back to the trailhead...luckily we didn't see a trail cop to give me a nice WV souvenir to take home. :)

She actually enjoyed the ride, moreso than she ever thought she would...I love it when a plan comes together! :grin2:

Reactions: Jssrvlz and Vincent

·
Registered
260 Posts
How is that beautiful new machine doing? You been able to run the woods behind your place? And drag the wifey out for some fun now.

One of these days, get you guys out here near caryville, for some fun rides

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wifey has been to busy trying to care for her parents, her mamma just lost part of a leg and can't get around too good right now.

I have been running it up in the hills behind the house...man these things will spoil you! We're loading up in the AM to go to Brimstone for Friday & Saturday, should be a great trip! Been watching a lot of rides there on YouTube, some great looking trails.

My riding buddy bought himself a new RZR S1000 on March 28th if I remember correctly...he's already totaled it...rolled it three times, tore it all to pieces and bent the frame up badly...the guy really has one speed and it shows! He'll be riding his 850 Sportsman for the weekend.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Just noticed, you're right there near Brimstone & Royal Blue, wanna meet up?! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts