Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But after 6.2 hours on the hour meter the stock battery took a crap... Called the dealer CCM in London Ohio and they said don't even bother as Yamaha probably wouldn't warranty it. Wtf Yamaha... 7k and I probably would have been better soldering 12 d cells together if that's all the longer these stock batteries last.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I still have the original battery in my 2017 so this is very odd. And I would push the issue on getting them to warranty it. Will it not even take a charge? How long have you had your Yamaha?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I still have original in my 16 that I bought in August of 15 and I have gone months without starting it with no issues. That is a very odd situation. Wonder if you have a parasitic power draw somewhere?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes it is very upsetting when a problem comes up on a new machine, and no matter what the dealer should take a look at it for free in my opinion. This could be lots of issues, and the battery is taking the blame. You need to do some research, before condemning the battery. Charge it up, see if it starts, if it does disconnect it overnight or over the weekend, then reconnect it, and if it starts, then you likely have a drain on it, and that should be a dealer warranty issue, I think. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,656 Posts
I think that the OP is a one and done poster. He posted two complaints about his machine and battery and has never been back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts