Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my low beam on the upper light.
I've taken the switch apart and it works fine, but the lead going to the upper light on low beam is not getting voltage yet the fog lights do work on both low and high beam.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a 2016 or newer Kodiak 700?

Super Moderator
Have you tried replacing the headlight relay?

Registered
I don't think the upper light is supposed to come on with the low beams. It doesn't on mine, I have a 2016 Kodiak. The 2 stationary lights on the front come on on low, then the light on the headlight pod comes on when you switch to high beam.

Registered
I don't think the upper light is supposed to come on with the low beams. It doesn't on mine, I have a 2016 Kodiak. The 2 stationary lights on the front come on on low, then the light on the headlight pod comes on when you switch to high beam.
Correct. It only works on high beam

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Mine's a 2018 700 EPS SE.
Please post pics of the schematics you have. They will be useful to others as well that way.

I went to the dealership today and there are three relays in their microfiche.
They had a base model in the showroom and the upper light did not come on when on low beam.
I'm assuming at this point that the SE doesn't either, but the bulb is two element, and the light has all three wires as though it could.
I wonder if the wiring harness is the same as the Grizzly and they have a different relay that utilizes the extra circuit or perhaps it's for overseas...not really sure but the free extra lighting potential is tantalizing (Low beam or high beam, or 2 elements burning at the same time).
I'd changed my front lower bulbs out to LED's, and when the upper bulb is plugged in the low beams on the two fogs don't turn on, but if I undo the upper bulb or unplug the unused feed in the headlight bucket then everything works fine other than no low beam on the upper light.
I'm wondering if the LED's are very sensitive to the ground that travels through the unused element and somehow back feeds negative to them on the unused circuit?.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts