Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any of you guys have a windshield on your Kodiak? Im looking at the moose it is reasonably priced at around a hundred bucks.Thinking it would be nice to have a wind block for the cold air of winter..

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dang. You know winter is coming when you start seeing posts about windshields. Haha

Ive seen a couple people on here posting about them in the past

·
Super Moderator
1,869 Posts
There are a couple of members here that have them.

I just tough it out when it is cold, but it would be nice if you are in a blizzard but then if that happens I'll put on the googles.

I know that on my snowmobile it has a short windshield but my head is always above it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
it's not winter yet! There's still a billion frogs in trail side puddles up here in Maine lol. They'll be gone next week though im sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had one years ago on my 450 but I don’t see it on the Yamaha site anymore Clear plastic it was around the 100 dollar mark back then it was well worth the money . on my 700 I spent the extra and bought a good one from VIP air windshields well worth the money.
Here is a previous post on this site from me .

just purchased my new bike 2018 kodiak 700 se a few months ago to replace my 450 and because of my riding needs I needed a windshield for my winter riding . My 450 had a windshield also but it was a Yamaha universal one which served the purpose but after adding mirrors to the rack it was a pain to adjust mirrors.

For those of you looking for a windshield and don’t like the ones Yamaha is offering on the U.S and Canadian sites I found this one from a Canadian manufacturer that filled all my requirements. Where I winter ride I require mirrors and this ended up being my best solution as the space on the bars was very limited to what more could be added. I posted some pics in the gallery section under kodiak450.

I just installed it this week and I am very happy with the product and installation went well although some of the instructions and pics could be explained a bit better but overall it went well.

The manufacturer is VIP Air windshields . When you google it they give both U.S and Can prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Windshields are very nice. I ride year round even in temperatures as cold as -20.... Both my 09 and 19 grizzly have them....

In my book, windshields and heated grips are a must. Not to mention the extra hand protection is also a great thing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those machines look great.The windscreen looks like factory.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yes both are Yamaha windshields.. Baught both machines used with them already on, so I'm not sure what they cost at the dealer .... They are very well built, tough and durable. Takes 1 min to remove by hand. I do Frequently remove it on hot summers days or when hauling it in the box of my Ridgeline for long distances

1 - 8 of 8 Posts