Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I a 2016 kodiak camo base modeli have been looking for a windshield since i bought it. I want it camo color along the bottom and all i can find is blue green red or black to match the solid color kodiaks has anyone seen a camo one or know where to find one. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I understand. One option would be to get the black windshield and then find a matching camo sticker pack. Weird because the older camo Kodiak's had matching windshields. Maybe they are working on it or just hard to find right now. Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks tt408 just looked this up and found the stuff at camo4u on line for 59 bucks this awsome i will order a kit and do it as soon as it warms up a bit here so i can do it outside in a big tub Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
A friend of mine did this to some of his ATV. Look great and holds up well. Plan on buying another kit. Practice with the first kit on some small stuff till you get it down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
if for some reason it doesnt turn out can you peel it off or is it there for good?

There's no "peeling it off" it's like an ink that bonds to the base coat. So it's only as good as the base coat. Like anything the prep work is the most important part. If your base coat doesn't bond well to what you are painting it on it will not hold up good. Camo patterns (except digital camo) are easier to do than, carbon fiber or anything with a pattern you have to maintain. Camo can typically stretch the pattern and it doesn't really affect it much. It's not as easy as it looks on youtube. as stated practice on some parts that don't matter 1st.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts