Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am picking my Kodiak up Tuesday. They have a promotion add 18 months warranty or warn winch. I am leaning towards winch only because I have never used warranty on Yamaha atv. Had good Luck. Hate to make it with no problems for two years then regret not getting winch. But You never know. Any inputs I know it's a roll of the dice either way. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the free extended warranty when I bought my Kodiak 700 eps last month. The winch with mounting plate was only about $300 and my time installing it and $300 isn't much to spend for the peace of mind for 18 months of more warranty. JMO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks that makes sense. I thought that winch was more than that. I didn't ask the price. Better safe than sorry. 99 percent of the time with some one that could pull me out anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you liking it den? I can't wait to get mine and get in the woods. I looked at everything out there and even side by sides. Always kept coming back to the Kodiak. For a lot of reasons. Price dependability ect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a hard time with the decision too. I went winch. Dealer charged 150 to install it which I didn't think was too bad. If I make it 18 months I'll be happy with my decision!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was thinking deanno33. I would put it on myself. Just because I like doing that stuff. I need to just flip a coin. peace of mine or extra toy. Lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
I paid $8,638 OTD with no winch but WITH additional 18 Month Warranty here in Maine. It is my understanding the the YES is available through March 31st.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a hard time with the decision too. I went winch. Dealer charged 150 to install it which I didn't think was too bad. If I make it 18 months I'll be happy with my decision!
I went the same and I picked the winch.Dealer tells me it takes a couple weeks to order it from Yamaha. How long it took to get yours?

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is my first ATV and I like it so far just messing around and plowing snow. The only time I have used the winch is lifting the snow plow. I tried to plow through a drift about 3' deep and had to lift the blade to get through but with a second pass was able to cut a swath through it. The Kodiak is very capable, even without diff lockers.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is my first ATV and I like it so far just messing around and plowing snow. The only time I have used the winch is lifting the snow plow. I tried to plow through a drift about 3' deep and had to lift the blade to get through but with a second pass was able to cut a swath through it. The Kodiak is very capable, even without diff lockers.
Nice!

Overall, how are you liking how it plows through snow?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I paid $8,638 OTD with no winch but WITH additional 18 Month Warranty here in Maine. It is my understanding the the YES is available through March 31st.
Hmmm, I may need to negotiate the winch into the deal. I dont want the warranty, most shops employ some real dummies and call em techs.....0:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
That sounds sketchy. I thought the warranty is included no matter what.

Id bet if you pick the winch, they "throw in" the added 18 months of warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I went with the warranty. I figured I would just buy a winch myself. I did get them to throw in a quad boss weekender seat. It was 350. To order. Can take the wife out from time to time. Have piece of mind with the warranty.
I have got to ride it about 9 hours so far. Doing the break in. I love it. It is one awesome atv.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anybody that picked the winch over the warranty had to wait for the winch to be ordered for them by the dealer? And if so, how long it took to be delivered?

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts