Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am putting a new Superwinch on a 17 Kodiak 700 EPS. I originally didn't want to mount the solenoid on the back of the winch mount plate.

I mounted it then realized the place I had planned on mounting it won't work.

I searched but didn't find anything other than the mounting plate.

Has anyone found a decent place to mount the solenoid where it is a little higher and more protected?

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
With a little bit of work and longer wires you might be able to get it into the battery compartment.

Hundreds if not thousands of them are mounted on the back of the mount with zero problems.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've got the solenoid for my superwinch Terra 25 mounted under the hood .i made a bracket to mount on the battery hold down..i mounted it with terminals facing front of machine. Tight fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, I'm starting to get frustrated with this install. The winch and wiring is easy. This solenoid is starting to get the best of me. I pulled the winch and was planning on mounting it on the back of the mount plate. Except the solenoid mount is way too small to mount where the plate has a spot for it.

I think I find a great spot and the dang thing is too big or in the way of something that needs to move. Short of fabricating a new mount I'm not sure what I will end up doing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered my winch and snow plow through motox.com and the winch came with a mounting plate but then another box arrived that had a different mounting plate and the second plate had a place to attach the solenoid. I called the people at motox and asked them if mounting the solenoid that low would create a problem, and they told me as long as I didn't spray the solenoid directly with a pressure washer it would be fine. I have had it on there for two years and have plowed snow a couple times and rode through streams while trail riding and haven't had any issues with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I eneded up fabricating a solenoid mount. It is crude but it should do the trick and I was able to tuck it up into/behind the frame to give it a little protection. I reality that was by chance but I'll take it. Now to try and find a spot to hide all the extra wiring.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
the solenoid is designed to get wet, just not direct high pressure

more important to protect it from direct impact from debris , and keep terminals clear of metal contact. hence the reason its mounted to back of winch mounting plate

place it on the mounting plate, mark the holes, drill them, mount it and be done with it, go enjoy the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts