Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 16 Kodiak and a warn provantage plow from my old atv...want to purchase the warn plow mount, but do i have to get the warn winch mount or can i go with another brand? Have heard issues with the warn winch mount. Also going with a superwinch terra 35 winch. Thanks!

Super Moderator
If you are handy with changing how the mounting plate fits then go with another brand.

I have the Warn winch and mounting bracket and I still had to do a little bit of grinding on the plow mounting bracket to get it to fit right. Others have had no problems.

Registered
I put the warn winch mount on my 2017 Kodiak and the only issue I had was that the bolts for the roller fairleed were slightly too long so they needed a 1/16th to 1/8th inch ground off on my bench grinder so they would fit between the winch and mounting plate. No big deal, but thought that was odd.

Registered
I didn't have any issues mounting my provantage on my 18SE with the warn mounting plate. Just mounted the winch to the mount plate, took the front skid plate off and set it in there and bolted it up. You do have to kind of shimmy it in at a angle and don't tighten it up until you get all the bolts started. Instructions stink with the kit for sure though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts