Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys....I picked up my new Kodiak and the 2000 winch this morning. Dove in hard with the install this afternoon....

A couple of things....

--first, the contactor bracket that comes with the install kit has to be modified in order to install the contactor. Had to cut off the "ears" of the plate.

--next...the big one!!!! Nowhere in either manual does it give instructions to use the brown spade connector and attach it to the negative post. The only indication is in the electrical drawing in the Warn manual. After trouble shooting and taking the winch back out, did I discover this little trinket. Got it installed and doing great.

I would suggest dropping the skid plate prior to install

No issues with short wires or wire install...

The brown connector extended install 90 minutes for trouble shoot, removal and re-install.

All done and thankful!!!!

Ray

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great pictures and guide!

I just did the same thing except with the 2000lb, wish I would have known I could have paid a little extra and get the 3000. Oh well
Hello, I too own a Kodiak 700 and I installed my contactor under the seat (where that cheesy tool kit was) as I was so concerned about mud, water etc all around the contactor. It was more work to route the 4 large cables all the way back but I feel real good having it it high and dry. The 2 bayonette push on lugs were my main concerns with the mud/water.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Hello, I too own a Kodiak 700 and I installed my contactor under the seat (where that cheesy tool kit was) as I was so concerned about mud, water etc all around the contactor. It was more work to route the 4 large cables all the way back but I feel real good having it it high and dry. The 2 bayonette push on lugs were my main concerns with the mud/water.
As mentioned, makes no difference, it's just alot of extra work for no reason. It's a sealed unit. It's not the same as the old contactors from years ago. Right behind the winch on the mounting plate where there's a mounting location is all you need. Winch install in 20-30 minutes

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarshMaster
21 - 24 of 24 Posts