Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, brand new owner here. I will be installing a 2500# Viper Max winch this week. My question is where are you guys splicing in to the 12v accessory wire? Is the red wire?

·
Registered
625 Posts
My bike came with a pigtail to plug into the connector for the ignition wire. Is there one in your glove box?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike came with a pigtail to plug into the connector for the ignition wire. Is there one in your glove box?
No mine doesn't have any thing in the glove box. I think I have it figured out though. Moto Alliance customer service responded to just tie in to the red wire on the 12v outlet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it all wired up last night. Tied into the small red wire on the 12v harness and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got it all wired up last night. Tied into the small red wire on the 12v harness and it works perfectly.
Got it mounted and if so, could you post a picture? I'm curious how it looks on these machines. Also, what guided you to buy a 450 over the 700, because as shown in my post today, the cost are essentially identical between the model you have and base 700... Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got it mounted and if so, could you post a picture? I'm curious how it looks on these machines. Also, what guided you to buy a 450 over the 700, because as shown in my post today, the cost are essentially identical between the model you have and base 700... Thanks in advance..
I have the 700. I wanted the extra power of the 700 to pull trailers. The 450 seemed a little small when sitting on it. You can get on the Yamaha web site and search for new 2016 and 2017 models in your area. These will have a nice discount. There is a brand new 2016 700 EPS in my area with a $1500 discount right now.

I got to ride it at my hunting lease this weekend and I love it! Plenty of power and the ride is great.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 700. I wanted the extra power of the 700 to pull trailers. The 450 seemed a little small when sitting on it. You can get on the Yamaha web site and search for new 2016 and 2017 models in your area. These will have a nice discount. There is a brand new 2016 700 EPS in my area with a $1500 discount right now. I got to ride it at my hunting lease this weekend and I love it! Plenty of power and the ride is great.
Thanks and the basket looks handy as well....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts