Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 700 yesterday. Today I started installing the winch and heated grips. Wanted to do both at the same time so as to be done with electrical. Got the mounting plate fabricated as well as the mount for the controls. Didn’t want to put the contactor on the back on the winch mount so I built a weather proof plastic container which will be mounted just above the ignition key.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, what brand were they (both winch and heater)?

I installed a warn vrx2500 ($220) that did not need a box as the controller is sealed..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Picked up my new 700 yesterday. Today I started installing the winch and heated grips. Wanted to do both at the same time so as to be done with electrical. Got the mounting plate fabricated as well as the mount for the controls. Didn’t want to put the contactor on the back on the winch mount so I built a weather proof plastic container which will be mounted just above the ignition key.
I managed to fit the Contactor under the hood close to the battery, I didn't like were is was suppose to be mounted either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winch was a Runva 3500. Grips were Heat Demon. Winch was very straight forward as rocker switch comes already wired into the harness. Attach the cables to the battery to the contactor and to the winch and you are done. The grips can be connected to a blank accessory plug near the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts