Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any creative ideas for taking out spider webs. I ordered a 4' fiberglass antenna that I'll mount to the front bumper. That'll put it just above my head. Also ordered a quick connect for easy on and off. Should work ok I hope. I'll post pics and my thoughts when it's installed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hah! I use my helmet :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also use a pole mounted to front rack to rip those nasty webs. Most of the spiders Ive encountered were small, harmless little guys. Some were huge and downright scary!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I suspect you gentlemen are riding in an area where the spiders don't die in the winter. One of the pluses of the great white north... bugs die in the winter!

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My light bar came with mounting brackets that I didn't use. I ended up making my own and I saved the factory brackets knowing they'd came in handy. They came with rubber graments for various sized diameters and a mounting hole. I cut off the existing hole and drilled and tapped a new one for the quick connect to thread into. I cut the antenna to length and presto! When removed the antenna fits nicely into the rear box so it's always handy.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts