Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our trails are shut in Maine for snowmobile season.

I'm not sure if I can make it til may 15th (best case scenario) so...

How far south do I have to drive to get a long weekend of riding in? It would probably be in March, and I'd like as close to 60° weather as possible in case it rains.

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
South and VERY west to Moab! ;)

Reactions: Blmpkn and JimP

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
South and VERY west to Moab! ;)
While it would still be a ways there are better places in Utah besides Moab, and you won't have the Moab crowds

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
@JimP I'd be interested to hear from you on that and if I'm not asking for too much, you can message me. I was more so saying what I said in jest because the OP thread title was looking for somewhere east and somehow, someway I was amusing myself and "potentially" amusing others... although I've been repeatably told by my wife I'm not that funny.

However, getting back to my comment, the times I've spent in Moab have pretty much been without crowding as I REALLY despise crowds and make an effort to avoid that. Rule 1 being, completely avoid the time surrounding Jeep safari week. Further, I do find it extremely hard to pass up what Moab has to offer. BTW, I do have extended family east of I15/south of I70 and have been in a lot of different areas of UT. But I really do respect other's opinions and always wanting to absorb new knowledge from those who have it.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Most of the great riding would be in the summer months, but there are some great trail rides on the San Rafael Desere west of Green River. Both north and south of I-70

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Registered
523 Posts
Our trails are shut in Maine for snowmobile season.

I'm not sure if I can make it til may 15th (best case scenario) so...

How far south do I have to drive to get a long weekend of riding in? It would probably be in March, and I'd like as close to 60° weather as possible in case it rains.
Well until you said 60 deg weather, there’s lots in New Hampshire and a few here in Ny and a bunch in P.A. But if you want warm , you’re probably going to have to hit at the minimum the lower part of the Hatfield McCoy trail system in West Virginia.

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. Hatfield Mccoy had crossed my mind as I've heard good things.

Its an easy days drive from me as well, 16 hours or so. Worst part is getting out of new England.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Hatfield Mccoy had crossed my mind as I've heard good things.

Its an easy days drive from me as well, 16 hours or so. Worst part is getting out of new England.
That’s the West Virginia I was referring to. There seems to be other trails there also, such as Burning Rock. I believe there are 4 Hatfield systems and Burning Rock all within ~75 miles of each other. Could spend a week easily.

·
Registered
523 Posts

When my wife and I drove from our place here in southern tier of Ny to Bar Harbor, it was a 10 hr drive.

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When my wife and I drove from our place here in southern tier of Ny to Bar Harbor, it was a 10 hr drive.
Its pretty ridiculous in this part of the country lol, especially in the summers.

Reactions: Rob-c
1 - 12 of 12 Posts