Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
I've got a repair CD on the way and I'll have to look to see where it is.

But like a lot of newer vehicles they don't come with a fuel filter other than the filter on the end of the fuel pickup in the tank. It is replaced when the fuel pump goes out and not until then.

Hopefully someone on here can let us know and if there isn't a factory one if someone has used a aftermarket one to let us know also.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is? I dont see it in manual or on parts list?
There is no standalone serviceable fuel filter on the Kodiak. The Fuel pump inside the tank has a "filter sock" on it.
I don't know anyone that installed an aftermarket fuel filter, why do you think is necessary?

In case you're looking at options keep in mind that the filter you find has to withstand the pressure generated by the FI pump on the fuel rail. IIRC is about 45-50 psi .

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
I would like to see one just for the reason of where you fuel your machine at. If you are filling it at a service station where everything is supposed to be filtered it would be fine, but a lot of us fill up cans and jugs with gas and head out into the back country to ride them. So if you are using a metal can odds are you are getting flakes of rust in the gas that you poor from them. Even plastic jugs that I have used have some crud in the bottom of them straight from the service station.

I agree that you are going to need one that would sustain the pressure of what the pump is putting out, but other vehicles have them on the pressure side of the filter with no problem. But as I also mentioned a lot of the newer vehicles don't come with one either, it is just the sock on the pickup on the electric fuel pump assembly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You guys I really appreciate the detailed feedback. I trust that if Yamaha made the ATV without the external filter then we should be OK. I hope lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts