Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a set of 1" wheel spacers, and know we have the 4/110 pattern, but does anyone know the thread pitch of the lugs? Just want to make sure I order the right set.

Any suggestions on Mfg? Looking for the solid disk type, not just the elongated stud type.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I ordered mine through motosport.com and they come with correct lugs to attach the billet spacers to the hub. Use the stock lugs off your bike to then secure the wheel to the spacer. Child's play. I used them only on the front for my application
Billet aluminum. High quality. Red.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lug pitch is correct. Order specifically addresses your make of quad.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
I ordered mine from eBay. Seems to be working fine. I did use a little threadlocker on the spacers since you can’t re-torque them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
No mention of inability to retorque the spacers from the manufacturer in my limited instructions. Can you elucidate on this JD 864?

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Well, if you have the aluminum wheels, you are supposed to torque, ride, and re-torque. Since the spacers are aluminum, this would also apply.
I found removing my wheel to re-torque the spacer a little much. Then I have to start over on the wheel. Anyway, a drop of lock tight blue, and I’m not at all worried.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Makes perfect sense. I just didn't see any warning as such with the manufacturers info.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's not something all manufacturers of relevant items think is necessary.

In my experience.. 100% of the time the initial torque I've done on aluminum wheels has been enough. Nothings come loose, or even close.

Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a set of 4 one inch aluminum wheel spacers from SuperAtv. I will sell all 4 to you for $35 plus shipping. They came off my Kodiak 700 just before I sold it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's one hell of a deal..better grab it before AFishYo changes his mind.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Damn,to slow..

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have always heard that wheel spacers put more stress on the bearing and components. I ran them on my Jeep and never had any trouble. What are the thoughts here from you guys? I do like the way they look with tire/wheels set further out. Any negatives on running them?

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
I ran 1" billet spacers for years, on all four wheels, and only had a single wheel bearing ever needed to be changed. I can't say the bearing needed to be changed because of the 1" billet spacer I was running and personally, wouldn't worry about it. Honestly, how different is it on wheel bearings using spacers compared to just getting new wheels with a different offset pushing the wheels out further? Again, I wouldn't worry about it and don't.

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have always heard that wheel spacers put more stress on the bearing and components. I ran them on my Jeep and never had any trouble. What are the thoughts here from you guys? I do like the way they look with tire/wheels set further out. Any negatives on running them?
My 09 Grizzly (baught used) had 1" spacers at all fours for 14 000 kms, and counting. I personally put 10 000kms on it. Yes I did change every wheel bearing once, but that alot of mileage, is some really rough trail systems..... That said one inch spacers or wheel offsets is really no big deal on these machines. Many run them without issues.

1.5 and 2" spacers seem much more problematic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts