Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post, newer to the kodiak life and love it. So my only question is my stock black aluminum wheels have taken some beating since I bought it and I wanted to touch them up. Has anyone painted them and what brand and color you buy? Or this something I can go to a dealer for, would like to keep them or close to the color they came ? Thank you

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tremclad spray can paint has given excellent results on all my truck wheels (I live in the northern salt belt) for many years now

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
540 Posts
You could just completely repaint your wheels.

·
Super Moderator
227 Posts
Yea I didn’t know if Yamaha used flat or satin. I’m just touching up so I wanted it to blend in thank you!
Just scuff up the whole wheel and spray the whole thing. If you try to touch up spots, that's exactly what it will look like.... Touched up shots, because even if you got exact match paint from yamaha, your wheels have wear, they aren't going to be exact match anymore. Touch up the spots, then a light coat across the whole wheel will look fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just scuff up the whole wheel and spray the whole thing. If you try to touch up spots, that's exactly what it will look like.... Touched up shots, because even if you got exact match paint from yamaha, your wheels have wear, they aren't going to be exact match anymore. Touch up the spots, then a light coat across the whole wheel will look fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. Especially since the wheels are likely powder coated vs painted. You won't be able to blend them in so, better to completely paint them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts