Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to replace my rear wheel bearings because they are beginning to make noise and wiggle around a bit.

I am also going to replace the rear knuckle bushings and Spacers.

For you guys that have been down this road already, would you say the parts that are needed are 8, 10, 12, 13?
That is if the only damage is just these parts, and not more.
Anything I need to consider before starting this project, I have done a bit of research about replacing the bearings

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Looks about right. In my case I did not replace #13s though others recommend to.. That was 3000 miles back and the old 09 is still running solid today

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Are you sure the bearings need replacing? I was fooled into changing a rear bearing once for nothing.... Tuned out the movement I felt in my rears wheels was worn sleeves and bushings you are now about to change...lesson learned on my part

That said. I would still order new bearings as even if they turned out fine, eventually they will need replacing.

Oh and order some 18 or 20 gram weights while your at it. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was the worn Spacers and bushings, but I have neglected to take them seriously. and I believe the rear left bushing is shot, and the rear right is only to follow. it is visibly moving inside of the hub, worse than the spacers and bushings are moving. I will have to take it apart and investigate whether the actual rear knuckle/ or axle could be damaged

when you say worn sleeves, I'm not sure what you're referring to.....Spacers? I may not know the correct lingo.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yes same thing

Reactions: Jssrvlz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts