1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
40 ft lbs in my manual

·
Registered
457 Posts
Lots of guys go tighter than that, but 40 should be good, just check them in a few hours. I also assume this is a Kodiak! If you use an impact, stop at the first click, in order to not get them too tight.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
As per 700 kodiak owners manual. 41 lb-ft

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Lots of guys go tighter than that, but 40 should be good, just check them in a few hours. I also assume this is a Kodiak! If you use an impact, stop at the first click, in order to not get them too tight.
It's only an m10 stud. Any more than about 45 lb-ft is stretching that stud. It will end up snapping like the ones on the can-am outlander. They issued a correction to 45 lb-ft after they stated 80 something in the manual cbd guys were snapping them on simple trsil rides

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
As per 700 kodiak owners manual. 41 lb-ft

That's interesting, my repair manual shows just 40 lb-ft and I then looked at the Kodiak Owners Manual and it also said 40 lb-ft

I agree that you have to be careful if you are using a air tool and not to hammer on it like a tire monkey at a shop does. Also just as a FYI most of the maintenanc torque specs can be found in the owners manual

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
That's interesting, my repair manual shows just 40 lb-ft and I then looked at the Kodiak Owners Manual and it also said 40 lb-ft

I agree that you have to be careful if you are using a air tool and not to hammer on it like a tire monkey at a shop does. Also just as a FYI most of the maintenanc torque specs can be found in the owners manual
Yes even 40 would be fine, 1 lb-ft won't make enough of a difference. Just not over 45 lb-ft. Should be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts