Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
781 - 800 of 821 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice! I think by the end of the season I might be close to 750 miles?
Our trails are open may-nov, if I would of bought my bike in May I probably would of been around 750 or so.

Sadly, only put on around 200 miles so far this year. The couple we usually ride with have been having some serious relationship problems since the beginning of the season, and havnt been coming to ride. It's not nearly as much fun riding by ourselves.. so now we really only ride every other weekend with another one of our friends.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Im green with envy when i see the beautiful places you guys get to ride thru..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Installed 2 front knuckles with new bearings in them.

new brake pads

Went on a fun ride to some new areas Ive always wanted to explore

Found an old Tv in the bushes, so I watched it for a few😉

View attachment 10811

Someone took this honda through the river, and through some yucky mud ruts, and It appears to be broke down there. Been there for 3 days
View attachment 10812

Camped at the best swimming hole ever, of course jumping off that rock about 200 times🙃
View attachment 10813

This old graveyard, seems to be for the Marlow family, all graves are the early 1900s (like 1905, 1903) right next to this old hunting cabin... View attachment 10815

View attachment 10814

That was on the top of a mountain and though some pretty rough terrain. There was another hunting cabin with pans and chairs in it. I also found a burnt down hunting cabin up there too.

Best ride Ive had in a long time
Breautiful pictures and area !Love seeing old cemetaries

Happy to see your enjoy the atv hobby again

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I ordered a set of can am outlander foot pegs for the Kodiak. Better design than Rox and $60 cheaper too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Fall is in the air, got my yearly maintenance done. Oil change and lube, checked it over for any problem areas along with reslimeing my tires.

Reactions: fossil

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
Has anyone installed the Yamaha heated grips for the Kodiak?

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Fall is in the air, got my yearly maintenance done. Oil change and lube, checked it over for any problem areas along with reslimeing my tires.
As an ex tire guy.... I'll tell you... Slime is evil... Lol
I absolutely hate the stuff.... Not that it doesn't work.... My history with it before it was available to the public.
Years ago, when i lived & worked in New Brunswick, the power company there used to buy this green goo by the 55 gal drum, to be installed in all thier off road tires... Atv,, pickups that travelled in on hydro line cuts, hydro axes used to clear brush along the lines.... The wild have pallets of the crap shipped to my shop, sometimes 5 pallets at a time... That's 20 drums. This was an indicator for me to start ordering tires for thier machines because it was time for new.
Anytime the got a bad cut that was too big for slime to fix, we had to repair it. That ment dismount, salvage as much slime as possible, clean inside your really well, then do the flat tepair, and while at it, patch any holes that slime did plug since its acceable. I have put upwards of 12 patches in an atv tire, maybe 4 or 5 in a pickup tire and over 30 in a big hydro axe tire.... Slime held for all those holes, just one finally too big to seal would bring it to us.
Is scary to think that i have personally installed close to 10000 gallons of slime in tires.... That's not including a repair where i remove age reinstall it..... You can see why i hate it. Lol

Now here i am running quad boss sealant in my reptiles. Next time you do your tires try quad boss, the no shelf life and it seals larger holes. No drying and hardening, no thickening and freezing in the cold. It also seals bead leaks everytime where slime is hit and miss.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Has anyone installed the Yamaha heated grips for the Kodiak?
I'm pretty sure, either on this forum, or on GC, zombie looked into them or actually bought them and they turned out to to just be the basic version of heat deamons without the multiple settings.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
I'm pretty sure, either on this forum, or on GC, zombie looked into them or actually bought them and they turned out to to just be the basic version of heat deamons without the multiple settings.

That is what I have and all I need since it is mostly for cold weather riding, I use my honda for snow plowing so those definitely need heated grips.

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
I haven't had the Yamaha version in my hands but they are definitely identical to the cheaper Heat Demon version.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
As an ex tire guy.... I'll tell you... Slime is evil... Lol
I absolutely hate the stuff.... Not that it doesn't work.... My history with it before it was available to the public.
Years ago, when i lived & worked in New Brunswick, the power company there used to buy this green goo by the 55 gal drum, to be installed in all thier off road tires... Atv,, pickups that travelled in on hydro line cuts, hydro axes used to clear brush along the lines.... The wild have pallets of the crap shipped to my shop, sometimes 5 pallets at a time... That's 20 drums. This was an indicator for me to start ordering tires for thier machines because it was time for new.
Anytime the got a bad cut that was too big for slime to fix, we had to repair it. That ment dismount, salvage as much slime as possible, clean inside your really well, then do the flat tepair, and while at it, patch any holes that slime did plug since its acceable. I have put upwards of 12 patches in an atv tire, maybe 4 or 5 in a pickup tire and over 30 in a big hydro axe tire.... Slime held for all those holes, just one finally too big to seal would bring it to us.
Is scary to think that i have personally installed close to 10000 gallons of slime in tires.... That's not including a repair where i remove age reinstall it..... You can see why i hate it. Lol

Now here i am running quad boss sealant in my reptiles. Next time you do your tires try quad boss, the no shelf life and it seals larger holes. No drying and hardening, no thickening and freezing in the cold. It also seals bead leaks everytime where slime is hit and miss.

I understand the hate for slime in a tire when it comes time to fix a hole that didn't seal with it or to patch the holes that it plugged. But then I believe that can be said about any tire sealant that is placed into a tire to seal a hole. I had my ex wife carry a couple of cans of fix a flat with her encase she got a flat tire and I wasn't around, you should of heard the tire shop when I took a tire in that had two cans of that stuff in it.

A number of years ago I had a flat in a tire that the slime just wouldn't seal. I took the tire to a shop to be dismounted and fixed with a plug. They dismounted the tire and told me that it was unfixable. I told them just to place a patch on the hole and that I would deal with it. They refused. I picked up the unmounted tire and took it home. 15 minutes later I was headed back to the shop to have them mount it back onto the rim. They told me that the patch would never hold.

A couple of years later I took the same tires back to the shop for them to mount some new ones. One kid remembered me and asked me how my patch job had held up and if I carried a air compressor with me. I told him that it held just fine. When he got to the tire with the patch he looked at the patch that I had put on and tried to pull it off, he even tired with a pair of pliers but all he succeeded in doing was to rip pieces off of it. He just couldn't believe that I had gotten it to seal that well. I just told him that if you took a few minutes to clean the area and paid attention to what you were doing it can be done.

A friend has a tire mounting tool that he got from Harbor Freight. He mounted it to a 2x6 and will park his truck on one end of the board to hold it steady to do his own tire changes and breakdowns. He then uses a ratchet strap around the tire to get them to hold air when he airs them back up. He love it.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I understand the hate for slime in a tire when it comes time to fix a hole that didn't seal with it or to patch the holes that it plugged. But then I believe that can be said about any tire sealant that is placed into a tire to seal a hole. I had my ex wife carry a couple of cans of fix a flat with her encase she got a flat tire and I wasn't around, you should of heard the tire shop when I took a tire in that had two cans of that stuff in it.

A number of years ago I had a flat in a tire that the slime just wouldn't seal. I took the tire to a shop to be dismounted and fixed with a plug. They dismounted the tire and told me that it was unfixable. I told them just to place a patch on the hole and that I would deal with it. They refused. I picked up the unmounted tire and took it home. 15 minutes later I was headed back to the shop to have them mount it back onto the rim. They told me that the patch would never hold.

A couple of years later I took the same tires back to the shop for them to mount some new ones. One kid remembered me and asked me how my patch job had held up and if I carried a air compressor with me. I told him that it held just fine. When he got to the tire with the patch he looked at the patch that I had put on and tried to pull it off, he even tired with a pair of pliers but all he succeeded in doing was to rip pieces off of it. He just couldn't believe that I had gotten it to seal that well. I just told him that if you took a few minutes to clean the area and paid attention to what you were doing it can be done.

A friend has a tire mounting tool that he got from Harbor Freight. He mounted it to a 2x6 and will park his truck on one end of the board to hold it steady to do his own tire changes and breakdowns. He then uses a ratchet strap around the tire to get them to hold air when he airs them back up. He love it.

Oh i know exactly what you mean about the tire guys being mad about fix a flat, that stuff is nasty, and the smell after it's been heat cycled in a tire just a few times.. It will gag a magot. Lol
Slime works, too an extent, same as any other sealant, but they have thier limits.

You were 100% right about your patch. If the guy had of just cleaned it well like you are supposed to before any repair, it would have held, as you prooved.
That's the exact reason i always got the slime repairs at my so, even when i became manager, i rarely worked in the bay then unless it was busy & my guys needed a hand, or a few select customers that only let a few select guys worth on the vehicles... And then the slime tires...
Most shops don't mind slime if they are told ahead of time that is in the tire... Nothing worse than a surprise slimer attack. Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
On a warning, I knew as soon as I took the stem out of the tire stem. It spit a bit out, not enough to cause a problem but enough to let me know that it was in there.

I guess it figure that there was a leak and it needed to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
My new front bumper arrived today, bought the Rival bumper to match the rear one. Still in the box, prob won't get installed until next weekend as we are in for lots of rain the next couple days.
I have so many little projects to do on both the truck, and the kodiak. I really need a garage i can pull them into. Lol
Maybe i need to look for a different place to rent for my fiberglass shop, bay is big enough to fit the truck in, but not allowed any motorized vehicles in there due to thier insurance policy. Rent is cheap there and nobody complains of the fumes as its a storage building.

781 - 800 of 821 Posts