Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

601 - 620 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well today my kodiak got a bit of love. By that i mean it grew taller and wider. Installed a 2" Perfex Industries lift kit, and a set of 1.5" wheel spacers. Keep an eye out for my post about the lift install in the next day or so, as i promised a bit of a write up.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Nice , defiantly lets us know what you think of the stability / ride . I’ve been bouncing back and forth on installing a lift.

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
Nice , defiantly lets us know what you think of the stability / ride . I’ve been bouncing back and forth on installing a lift.
I only drove it maybe 300 ft last night from my buddie's gstage fish his driveway and into my trailer, but i rocked it hard side to side, and it didn't feel any less stable than before the lift. And now with the extra 3" width from thy 1.5" spacers, it should feel even more stable.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well today my kodiak got a bit of love. By that i mean it grew taller and wider. Installed a 2" Perfex Industries lift kit, and a set of 1.5" wheel spacers. Keep an eye out for my post about the lift install in the next day or so, as i promised a bit of a write up.

Are the lifts for the 700 brackets front and rear?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I only drove it maybe 300 ft last night from my buddie's gstage fish his driveway and into my trailer, but i rocked it hard side to side, and it didn't feel any less stable than before the lift. And now with the extra 3" width from thy 1.5" spacers, it should feel even more stable.

Post pictures. I'm sure you'll have excellent stability...
Why do you feel you needed a lift?

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
Post pictures. I'm sure you'll have excellent stability...
Why do you feel you needed a lift?
I will post pics when i go out later. I didn't feel it "needed" a lift or even spacers. I wanted a bit more ground clearance and i like the look of that extra height.
The spacers i added to vice a bit more stability with the added height. Not that it needed it, 2" in hight gain doesn't change the lateral stability enough to even notice.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well I did oil and diff’s service , r&r front pads , plastic welded a small crack in the fender , installed the coop sheave + .4 mm shim, 25 gram epi roller’s and swapped out my steel winch cable to synthetic. As you can see in my photos I’m dang close to a 3-1 ratio, so I’m pretty happy .

Reactions: Vincent and JD864

·
Registered
953 Posts
Reactions: Rob-c

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
Is your "yamaha" emblem at the top of the storage above the kodiak decal a raised letter one? Mine has the raised chrome one, but i love how yours is blacked out.
Although i like the really stelthy look, i really dig how that yellow pops on your bike

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
Mine is all smooth stick-on...
Even this yamaha logo is just flat vinyl, not raised letters like the previous years?

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
That one is raised.. No color, just the black molded/stamped..
Ok, nice. I like that. Mine are chrome, and i hate chrome anything. Lol
Was going to paint mine dark blue... But blacked out might be better option

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I just stumbled across this one. I had been looking and found nothing here in ET. It was used with 35 miles and 6.5 hours. The original owner (Asheville) found that he couldn't run 2-up in lots of parke, so he traded it in. This is the only ATV I have ever sat on, so I'm having a ball with it..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Got my ehs box installed. I like it. Machine definitely feels a little snappier.. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with them as a company though.

Never recieved the shipping confirmation email they said I would. Due to this, I emailed them on 3 different occasions wondering if they had an idea when it would be sent out... never got a reply. The box didn't include any instructions specific to my machine either, I had to go to their website to find some. Then, when I found the link to download the tuning setting instructions for my 2020 450 it comes up as instructions for a 2016 grizzly 700?

Whatever, again, I may just be off from trying to quit smoking. The box is here, it's installed, all is more or less well.

Excited to ride at a terrain park this weekend.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
296 Posts
Got my ehs box installed. I like it. Machine definitely feels a little snappier.. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with them as a company though.

Never recieved the shipping confirmation email they said I would. Due to this, I emailed them on 3 different occasions wondering if they had an idea when it would be sent out... never got a reply. The box didn't include any instructions specific to my machine either, I had to go to their website to find some. Then, when I found the link to download the tuning setting instructions for my 2020 450 it comes up as instructions for a 2016 grizzly 700?

Whatever, again, I may just be off from trying to quit smoking. The box is here, it's installed, all is more or less well.

Excited to ride at a terrain park this weekend.
I've said my piece here on EHS as well. Their tuner is perfectly fine and serves a great purpose, and I totally get what Eric and his crew are trying to do in the way of improvements for the greater ATV community. However, I have not been impressed with the design of their modified Airbox, particularly the cutaway lid (which is mostly hype in my view), and their overall workmanship leaves alot to be desired as well.

And their customer service? Well, as I've said here previously, on the one occasion that I spoke with Eric, he was kind, patient and helpful, but you're right about returning messages. Generally speaking, he just doesn't do it. He didn't return several messages that we (my two sons and I) left for him either. With Eric, I think once the sale is made, you're kinda on your own, which was fine in our case. The only real reason we were calling him was to share some feedback with him on the design of his Airbox. Would I buy his Airbox again? Yup. But I'd agree to buy only the bottom half. Would I buy his tuner from him again? Probably not. Truth is, I would have preferred (and bought) the HMF tuner, rather than the EHS unit, if HMF hadn't dissuaded me from doing so in the first place. But then, respectfully speaking, your mileage may vary on ALL of these points. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
The cutaway lid is definitely not all hype. Cutting holes in airboxes for more flow is a classic way to squeeze a bit more power from a bike/wheeler.

Worked wonders on my old 300ex and my honda grom. On the grom it gave me an honest 5mph faster cruising speed, more of a difference than the full exhaust I put on it gave me.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
296 Posts
The cutaway lid is definitely not all hype. Cutting holes in airboxes for more flow is a classic way to squeeze a bit more power from a bike/wheeler.

Worked wonders on my old 300ex and my honda grom. On the grom it gave me an honest 5mph faster cruising speed, more of a difference than the full exhaust I put on it gave me.
Seriously?? I'd have to say, if true, that's a real stunner! I don't have a Dyno machine here to take such comparative measurements, but you've got a 2-3/4" diameter intake nozzle on that little 700cc hummer, and that's 50% larger than the intake on my 1800cc (110 cubic inch) Harley.

I respectfully submit that you're not getting "more" air through that primary filter. You just "think" you are. It's just basic placebo effect, in a machine that is already running WAY too lean (i.e., already has access to WAY too much air).

601 - 620 of 658 Posts