Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

561 - 580 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
236 Posts
Ehs has lots of competition, but like apple, people aka sheeple choose that one product without looking at all the other options.
Dubek
Ejk (dubek based)
RJWC (dubek based)
Hmf
Fisher brothers
Power commander.

That's just making a few options for fuel tuners....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Nope. That looks and sounds like a juicy little list, but its wrong. To be clear, I have no clue who Dubek, EJK or RJWC are (?*@#&?), but the latter three vendors do not offer tuners for the Kodiak 700 that they support. Not according to my direct communications with them. So, there goes yer "sheeple" tag. Sorry, but tag! You're "it", Homebrew! ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a growing suspicion most of the fuel controllers are exactly the same apart from the sticker on the front of them. When comparing pictures of (for a 450) the EHS box, attitude industries box, the EJK offering, and the HMF optimizer... every single one looks to be the same exact thing. Rectangular, 8 lights, 3 buttons.. all arranged the same.. same color wires coming out of the box in the same arrangement from the same position.s

The only two companies who truly look like they make their own product seem to be dynojet and a company called magnum.

I'm not exactly sure what this REALLY has to do with anything, just an observation lol.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
236 Posts
I have a growing suspicion most of the fuel controllers are exactly the same apart from the sticker on the front of them. When comparing pictures of (for a 450) the EHS box, attitude industries box, the EJK offering, and the HMF optimizer... every single one looks to be the same exact thing. Rectangular, 8 lights, 3 buttons.. all arranged the same.. same color wires coming out of the box in the same arrangement from the same position.s

The only two companies who truly look like they make their own product seem to be dynojet and a company called magnum.

I'm not exactly sure what this REALLY has to do with anything, just an observation lol.
Yup. I suspect that's accurate, and that raises a whole slough of other questions, like why HMF doesn't support their own tuner, yet EHS does? If they're the same, then why? Lotsa unanswered questions. And yes, despite the obstacles, some of us actually DO research these things pre-purchase. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
By the way, DynoJet is the maker of the esteemed PowerCommander, and I spoke with their Tech Support group in Las Vegas three times. They don't offer a suitable bullet box tuner for the 700 that they support.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but for a fact, fisher brothers do in fact have a tuner for the kodiak 700 and offer support, i personally have 4 or 5 emails in a conversation with Dallas Fisher. And have just recieved my attitude tuner for my kodiak.
Hmf and power commander both do make and support the kodiak 700, which uses the same base fuel map as the grizzly, technically you can run a grizzly 700 tuner on a kodiak and vice versa.
Saying you don't know who dubek, ejk, rjwc are is major proof of lack of any research into tuners or exhaust mods for these bikes. Especially rjwc, one of the biggest exhause manufacturers out there along with hmf, and fmf.

Here's a pic of the attitude tuner from Fisher Brothers for the Kodiak 700

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts

You are partially correct. Dubec is the manufacturing company of these boxes, basically all just a plain black box, wires with a circut board inside with the processor and microchips. They sell thier own version. These other companies purchase the boxes and load thier tunes on them based on thier testing.
The ejk box is as close to the dubek own version of the box, very little difference in the map. Rjwc charges a premium price for thiers, but they probably have the most maps available covering the most different exhaust pipes, a call to them can getting afairly custom map for the kodiak with almost any exhaust you want to run. Fisher brothers tuner is sold under attitud industries, and Dallas, the brother that handles most of the customer interaction, said they are continuing to test pipes and modify tunes to give the best fuel maps available. He's watched Erics videos and said that's pretty much exacty what they are doing, swapping pipes, filtes, all different combos to find that near perfect map without the customer needing to run air fuel monitoring tenderness.

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Grizzled Mod
255 Posts
All of the bullet box tuners are made by Dobeck. Each vendor sticks their own sticker on them and then does the presets based upon their knowledge. But basically, they are all the same. The Power Commander V is different.

EDIT: looks like @CanadianKodiak700 posted about the same time and is saying the same.

Reactions: Vincent and Blmpkn

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
By the way, DynoJet is the maker of the esteemed PowerCommander, and I spoke with their Tech Support group in Las Vegas three times. They don't offer a suitable bullet box tuner for the 700 that they support.
Yes dynojet makes the power commander, and fyi, they make the power commander 5 for the kodiak/grizzly 700, access they defiantly do offer support for it. Want proof, jump on the grizzly forums and read up, there are several members running the pc 22076 which is for the 700. I actully have a buddy that is running that pc on a 16 kodiak and a 20 grizzly.

Not really sure why you are arguing so hard against facts to try to prove to us that ehs is the only way to go. Nobody said it was a bad product, just that there are lots of other options, but most won't take the time and effort to research it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, no, this horse has been beat to death already, and I'm not interested in being converted. EHS has market share for a reason, and the fact that Juan and Paco's Performance Electronics of El Paso, or some other fly-by-night privateer might claim to make a competitive unit, means jack-squat! Those others are simply not getting significant mention or on-line traffic, period! Forget about all of these fabled whiz-banging units that require a Windows-based PC's to operate (DynoJet), or that aren't supported by their own suppliers (HMF Optimizer), etc. They don't matter, and no, you're not alone in being informed. O.K.? You're not the 'supreme shopper', or the 'superior researcher', or any of that other self-appointed fluff. You're an enthusiast with an opinion, quick to draw (and express) those opinions about others in a condescending fashion. Cool! That's great! But we all have our opinions, amigo. Including me.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Let's all chill here lol

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
That's funny^^^^^

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hahaha oh man thats good

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes dynojet makes the power commander, and fyi, they make the power commander 5 for the kodiak/grizzly 700, access they defiantly do offer support for it. Want proof, jump on the grizzly forums and read up, there are several members running the pc 22076 which is for the 700. I actully have a buddy that is running that pc on a 16 kodiak and a 20 grizzly.

Not really sure why you are arguing so hard against facts to try to prove to us that ehs is the only way to go. Nobody said it was a bad product, just that there are lots of other options, but most won't take the time and effort to research it.
I'll say it again, for the record, we're talking "bullet boxes" here. The oft-cited, but illustrious PC5 #22076 is NOT a bullet box. It requires the use of a Windows-based personal computer and is NOT a relevant competitor to the EHS or other bullet box tuners. Further, at no time did I say that the EHS tuner was "the only way to go." That's simply a reckless distortion of what was said (i.e., fake news). So no, I don't need to go visit or read the "Grizzly forums", and no, I don't need to be educated further on who makes or supplies suitable bullet boxes for the Kodiak 700. But thank you kindly for the suggestion.

Lastly I won't get into the reasons why, but yesterday was a rather bad day for me here (they happen to all of us on occasion), and so I apologize to all, for getting a bit stern in my earlier postings. Like others, I had (and have) an opinion on a particular product and a particular vendor, and I took the God-given liberty to express that opinion. That said, I fully and whole-heartedly support the rights of others to respectfully disagree with those opinions, but I do not expect, nor will I ever accept demeaning or derogatory objections to my opinions. That's called "cancel culture", and I'll take a run at that, each and every time I see it, regardless of it's origins. Are we good? Cool!

So again, my sincere apologies to all.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I'll say it again, for the record, we're talking "bullet boxes" here. The oft-cited, but illustrious PC5 #22076 is NOT a bullet box. It requires the use of a Windows-based personal computer and is NOT a relevant competitor to the EHS or other bullet box tuners. Further, at no time did I say that the EHS tuner was "the only way to go." That's simply a reckless distortion of what was said (i.e., fake news). So no, I don't need to go visit or read the "Grizzly forums", and no, I don't need to be educated further on who makes or supplies suitable bullet boxes for the Kodiak 700. But thank you kindly for the suggestion.

Lastly I won't get into the reasons why, but yesterday was a rather bad day for me here (they happen to all of us on occasion), and so I apologize to all, for getting a bit stern in my earlier postings. Like others, I had (and have) an opinion on a particular product and a particular vendor, and I took the God-given liberty to express that opinion. That said, I fully and whole-heartedly support the rights of others to respectfully disagree with those opinions, but I do not expect, nor will I ever accept demeaning or derogatory objections to my opinions. That's called "cancel culture", and I'll take a run at that, each and every time I see it, regardless of it's origins. Are we good? Cool!

So again, my sincere apologies to all.
I'll accept your apology and right back at you, i apologize also. I to was having an off day. What's up with that? Just wierd, i saw 4 of the guys on the ram forums say they were having a bad day yesterday.
Anyway, let's just put it all behind us.... Things could be worse, we could all have covid.. Or even worse, own a polaris....

·
Grizzled Mod
255 Posts
No worries. Just please, no political comments or discussion, or signs of it, on here (not accusing anyone of this) as that always runs away with many getting hurt feelings or angry and it will be shutdown right away.

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll accept your apology and right back at you, i apologize also. I to was having an off day. What's up with that? Just wierd, i saw 4 of the guys on the ram forums say they were having a bad day yesterday.
Anyway, let's just put it all behind us.... Things could be worse, we could all have covid.. Or even worse, own a polaris....

Righto! All's well that ends well. (y)

·
Registered
236 Posts
No worries. Just please, no political comments or discussion, or signs of it, on here (not accusing anyone of this) as that always runs away with many getting hurt feelings or angry and it will be shutdown right away.
"Politics"? Who, me??? Unh-unh! No sir. Why would I? ;)

Because whether you live above or below the 49th parallel, you live in a Democratic Republic, and as Churchill himself once said . . .

"The best evidence against Democracy, is to spend 5-minutes with the average voter". :ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Grizzled Mod
255 Posts
561 - 580 of 624 Posts