Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

381 - 385 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed my Father's day gift from the wife and kids. Got a Rough Country 8" single row LED light bar

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
458 Posts
I received my new Coop45 primary today and installed it. I now have 2.9:1 ratio with .5mm shim. I started out with 1.0mm shim and had 3.1:1 ratio, the power with the 3.1:1 was awesome but I had too much belt rub on the case so changed the shim out to .5mm, Arnie told me too use .5mm so I wouldn’t have any belt rub on the case and he was right but I had to try it and see how much. The 2.9:1 ratio is really cool and makes the big bore come alive. This is how the Kodiak and Grizzly should be. I’m still using the stock weights and think I will keep them for now. In low gear the power is incredible and I still maxed out at 30mph. Will have to see what top speed is maybe later this week. Hats off to Arnie and his Coop45 mod#3 machined sheave. Only regrets so far is getting the purple spring instead of the gold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went on a ride yesterday with some friends. Hot (93F) and dusty with no rain for awhile here. We found one of the gnarliest technical trails I've been on in some time.
The Kodiak 700 EPS didn't disappoint! I'm liking this machine more every time I get out on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got home from camp to find my new tires waiting for me. 27" Kenda Bear Claw HTR's. Got them mounted and installed.

381 - 385 of 385 Posts