Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed my Father's day gift from the wife and kids. Got a Rough Country 8" single row LED light bar

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
491 Posts
I received my new Coop45 primary today and installed it. I now have 2.9:1 ratio with .5mm shim. I started out with 1.0mm shim and had 3.1:1 ratio, the power with the 3.1:1 was awesome but I had too much belt rub on the case so changed the shim out to .5mm, Arnie told me too use .5mm so I wouldn’t have any belt rub on the case and he was right but I had to try it and see how much. The 2.9:1 ratio is really cool and makes the big bore come alive. This is how the Kodiak and Grizzly should be. I’m still using the stock weights and think I will keep them for now. In low gear the power is incredible and I still maxed out at 30mph. Will have to see what top speed is maybe later this week. Hats off to Arnie and his Coop45 mod#3 machined sheave. Only regrets so far is getting the purple spring instead of the gold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went on a ride yesterday with some friends. Hot (93F) and dusty with no rain for awhile here. We found one of the gnarliest technical trails I've been on in some time.
The Kodiak 700 EPS didn't disappoint! I'm liking this machine more every time I get out on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got home from camp to find my new tires waiting for me. 27" Kenda Bear Claw HTR's. Got them mounted and installed.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Had to run into work to update one of my safety certificates, to I took the kodiak, I only live under 1km from work. Took me 40 min at work but paid for min 3hrs, so after I enjoyed a "paid" drive on the bike. Explored some new trails and find a nice spot on the river to just sit and relax on the rocks. Someone has a little firepit there too. And of course, always see some local wildlife.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
I really like those HTR's! I like the Reptiles too. In fact, I would love to be able to try on tires like you can try on shoes.

What are people doing to stay cool while riding? It's been really hot and I can't keep my helmet on due to sweating too much.

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
I really like those HTR's! I like the Reptiles too. In fact, I would love to be able to try on tires like you can try on shoes.

What are people doing to stay cool while riding? It's been really hot and I can't keep my helmet on due to sweating too much.
To stay cool, drive fast, drink lots of water and for a helmet, I wear the coconut shell style, keep the mx style for winter

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Super Moderator
68 Posts
I'll add that at 12,000 ft a couple days ago, it was nice with a light jacket.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
260 Posts
Paid by the hour to ride a Kodiak!? Now thats living. Great pics man!

I generally ride in swimming trucks and a white t shirt. And look for water to hang in for a while. Ofcourse, this is Tennessee. Water all over

Reactions: Madmax

·
Super Moderator
253 Posts
Paid by the hour to ride a Kodiak!? Now thats living. Great pics man!

I generally ride in swimming trucks and a white t shirt. And look for water to hang in for a while. Ofcourse, this is Tennessee. Water all over
Close I was in swim trunks and a grey tshirt. Lol

I wish I was actually paid to ride the kodiak..... That would be awesome, for now ill stick to riding during the hours I'm not working but receiving pay for minimum paid hours for showing up. Lol

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
12 Posts
Today I finished putting the front end of my bike back together. Went to change the front diff fluid, and while in the area noticed I had a leaking piñon seal. I was going to just change the fluid so I could go riding on my vacation, but then I found out the drain bolt was stripped. I really don’t want to take responsibility because I used a torque wrench set at 86inch lbs and it kept spinning. I fixed it with a slightly longer bolt, information I got online. It worked. Seems to be fine. There’s more thread in there than bolt. I think the dealer stripped it when they did it and it was never reported. Either way, it was broke.
So I stripped the front end and removed the diff. Got overwhelmed with the thought of doing the seals and bearings myself and sent it off. Got it back and then the process of putting it all back together. Installed new front brakes and fixed a couple stripped plow mount bolts and got everything lined up and back together. Yet to go further then up the road on it. Probably tonight!

·
Registered
491 Posts
A few weeks ago I installed a Coop45 primary sheave and used my stock 30g roller weights and figured I would eventually put some lighter weights in like 3-6 months down the road and go with 20-22g weights. Well just happened to stop by my dealership and discovered while talking to the parts guy that they sell quite a few Grizzly weights to Kodiak owners so they keep them in stock. So what the h .... I bought them and put them in today. OMG, this Kodiak is scary fast now. It will get me trouble fast if not careful. It revs out so much faster now and With the purple spring it feels like it stays in low to about 25mph, It sounds like it is close to redline almost immediately and stays there until it overcomes the secondary spring. The Acceleration reminded me of my old 2 stroke dirt bikes. Can’t wait to get it out on some big trails.

·
Registered
13 Posts

It's but a wee 450, not a 700 so EXCUUUUUSE MEEEE lol BUT..

Had a bad day, went for a ride to attempt to alleviate some stress and broke 100 miles! Mission accomplished.

Managed to find a patch of mud to play around in shortly after, got right slopped up, rode home and found out that my pressure washer is busted. No longer mission accomplished -_- oh well.. Tomorrow's a new day right?

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
No problems if you have a 450, if they would of had the 450 when I bought my 700 back in 2017 I would of bought it instead.
It is always fun to get out and ride. My problem is that I was planning on getting out tomorrow to check out my hunting area but there is a big forest fire and they have all the access roads closed down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
View attachment 9921

It's but a wee 450, not a 700 so EXCUUUUUSE MEEEE lol BUT..

Had a bad day, went for a ride to attempt to alleviate some stress and broke 100 miles! Mission accomplished.

Managed to find a patch of mud to play around in shortly after, got right slopped up, rode home and found out that my pressure washer is busted. No longer mission accomplished -_- oh well.. Tomorrow's a new day right?
Let that kodiak wear the mud as a badge of honor, a christening if you will.

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
613 Posts
No problems if you have a 450, if they would of had the 450 when I bought my 700 back in 2017 I would of bought it instead.
It is always fun to get out and ride. My problem is that I was planning on getting out tomorrow to check out my hunting area but there is a big forest fire and they have all the access roads closed down.
That sucks.

Reactions: JimP

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
That sucks.
I actually like the 700 but I don't need all the power that it has. I very seldom get it above 20 mph.

My old 2000 Kodiak 400 did everything and more for the type of riding that I do and I never felt under powered with it. I may of had to put it into low range a few times for a little bit more power but the only real time that I did that was when I was pulling a 16' car hauler trailer out of my back yard.

381 - 400 of 406 Posts