Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sold my OEM tires for $300.00 to offset the cost of the bearclaws /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Wow I’d say you did real well getting $300 out of those.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
491 Posts
We haven’t got much snow this year, we’re well below average snow fall and it’s been above freezing a lot. And with the forecast predictions for the next 2 weeks of temps above freezing (40 to 50) I took the plow off and went for a nice Long ride today.

Reactions: Kingwalleye

·
Registered
32 Posts
We haven’t got much snow this year, we’re well below average snow fall and it’s been above freezing a lot. And with the forecast predictions for the next 2 weeks of temps above freezing (40 to 50) I took the plow off and went for a nice Long ride today.

Same here for weather and snowfall,we got hit early with a couple big snowfalls but nothing significant since then and warmer than average temps.The mountains got quite a bit of snow but nothing in the plains. I am not complaining but I am sure the farmers are worried.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was yesterday but the wheeler got a basic pressure wash, I installed the fender flares, EHS tuner and AIS block off, and made new power cables for my winch to get rid of over 6 ft of unnecessary wire.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Went with a friend to some State trails about a hour North and put 44 miles on the Kodiak thru some of the worse stutter bumps I have ever rode on. About rattled my teeth loose. The trails have not been groomed with the Pandemic shutting everything down and a lot of people were out on the trails because there’s not a whole lot to do. My Kodiak also had to pull my buddies Honda Pioneer off a hill he got stuck on. Don’t know how much a 1000 Pioneer weighs but I pulled his dead weight off the mound that none of his 4 tires were touching the ground on.
61AE13BD-E43E-4962-A05B-DAD0C94C5C6B.jpeg
61AE13BD-E43E-4962-A05B-DAD0C94C5C6B.jpeg

Reactions: Deckartist

·
Registered
491 Posts
Finally got around to ordering a EPI Purple spring. Hopefully I can find a 1-13/16 socket to do the job, as well as the time to do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Harbor Freight is the go to place for large sockets. You will pay the same for a whole set as you may pay for a individual socket from a parts store.

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
491 Posts
Harbor Freight is the go to place for large sockets. You will pay the same for a whole set as you may pay for a individual socket from a parts store.
Thanks JimP, I went to Harbor Freight today Like you suggested and the largest sockets they had were 1-1/4” and 32mm. My neighbor thinks he may have that size...he is going to look, if not I did see some on Amazon for $12-$18, 1/2” drive

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
That's too bad that they didn't have one. I just looked at their web site and they no longer carry the set that I picked up a number of years ago. It was a 1/2" impact set that went up to 1 7/8.

I just hate it when a store discontinues a great item.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo

·
Registered
613 Posts
I always just rented the 113/16 (45mm) socket from my local rentall facility. Only cost 8 $ a pop

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
I didn't think about that, check with AutoZone or Advance Auto if you have one near you for their loan a tool program. You may have to purchase something from them but who knows

·
Registered
260 Posts
Replaced a leaking seal on the front diff. Took a few hours, while taking my time. Now I can ride again!!
20200617_132452.jpg

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Registered
491 Posts
I always just rented the 113/16 (45mm) socket from my local rentall facility. Only cost 8 $ a pop
My neighbor came through, he had the 1-13/16” socket so hopefully I can get to it this weekend, we’ll see, being Father’s Day weekend my kids may have other plans for me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well I couldn’t wait for the weekend so I tackled it right when I got home from work today instead of getting the lawn mowed. Got the purple spring in and went for a 8 mile ride. I was not impressed, it really doesn’t feel much different than the stock spring. It is more noticeable in Low or reverse but in high gear only slightly different, in some areas it felt no different. Kinda disappointed, was expecting more of a change. My CVT ratio is 2.75:1 this is what I had before the spring change and after. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well I couldn’t wait for the weekend so I tackled it right when I got home from work today instead of getting the lawn mowed. Got the purple spring in and went for a 8 mile ride. I was not impressed, it really doesn’t feel much different than the stock spring. It is more noticeable in Low or reverse but in high gear only slightly different, in some areas it felt no different. Kinda disappointed, was expecting more of a change. My CVT ratio is 2.75:1 this is what I had before the spring change and after. Does this sound right?
A purple spring is not a huge jump from stock. Try it in the mud, that’s where I noticed the biggest difference. ( I have the gold in mine )I sometimes believe the hype on a certain mod Is a bit much and we expect too much.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo
361 - 380 of 406 Posts