Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow! Looks like it!

Took Max up to the pond today. He got a good run out of it.

He liked riding with when he was younger, then wanted nothing to do with it, and today he ran alongside wherever I went.

Hopefully he likes it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Would you believe I plowed snow? Running out of places to put the stuff. I had a love hate relationship with this machine before Yamaha finally replaced the top end this past October. This winter, I've grown to love it again. It's been an absolute workhorse as this has been the worst winter I can remember.

·
Registered
618 Posts
And yet another day of snow plowing and another dumping on the way tomorrow. I did manage to change the oil and filter today.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Put about 10 miles on mine down here in Arizona along with hiking another 10 or so miles while hunting.

I sure am going to hate to have to head home in a few days and have to put the plow back on

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Put on a new set of tires! Kenda bearclaw HTR in stock 25 inch size. They are SO much better than the wimpy tires these things come with!

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
My big light bar died due to moisture inside I believe...just as well, I think it may have been a bit much for the charging system on the Kodiak, just got through putting a new 12" on today.

Took me a bit to figure out how I wanted to mount it, worked out well, rock solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Having that front rack cage really helps with the mounting. I had a fear covering that cvt air intake. But it most likely is no problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
Went for a ride on some new trails at my buddy's place in Quinlan....had a blast. He just got a 2010 Rhino 700....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Put my right overfender back on after ripping it off using a small tree-like product in the woods Sunday! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Put my right overfender back on after ripping it off using a small tree-like product in the woods Sunday!
Haha sounds like you were having a blast then! I was out in Caryville Sunday riding. Me and you are gonna flatten these mountains of Tennessee before the rest of the forum ends up out here!

You put some washers to grab on? So it just ripped the bolts right out lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Haha sounds like you were having a blast then! I was out in Caryville Sunday riding. Me and you are gonna flatten these mountains of Tennessee before the rest of the forum ends up out here!

You put some washers to grab on? So it just ripped the bolts right out lol
Yeah the bolts ripped right through the overfender but the bolts stayed mounted to the fender. I came over a big log that was down and the bike lunged to the right...right into a tree! The overfender stood straight up in the air, figured I'd trashed it but no. Took two of the bolts out and zip tied through the holes which held fine up in the mtn. Ahhh...zip ties...the redneck's friend! :grin2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
First oil and filter and gear lube serviced. 140 miles and 19 hours.
Rotella T6, K&N filter. Yamaha 80/90 Shaft drive oil. Blah, blah, blah.

It took about an hour and a half all together. That gear lube runs out slowly at just below 32 degrees. Taking the left front wheel off really makes getting to the oil filter a whole lot easier too.

Both the oil and the gear lubed looked good. The final drive drain plug had a minute amount of metal fuzz on the tip.

I'll probably clean the air filter and grease the fittings before the riding season really gets going in the spring.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We finally got some warm weather and I took mine for a drive out to some state land with my grandson and taught him how to shoot :) 30 mile round trip,the Bear claws ride great on hard pack and pavement,just a little vibration/wobble when you get over 50mph that could probably be cured by balancing them.

·
Super Moderator
1,123 Posts
Just got done plowing 6" of snow on my drive and neighbors driveway along with the sidewalk for 1/4 mile.

Nice heavy spring snow with lots of water in it.

Last week I got back from a 14 day trip down to Arizona hunting. Averaged 20 miles a day on the Kodiak with zero problems through sandy washes and hard packed roads.

I did notice some interesting things.

My normal sitting battery voltage is from 12.7-13 volts.

Running nothing on 14.1-14.3, with heated grips on around 13.9, using winch it'll drop down to 13.6 using just the winch.

Thermostat fully open at 206-209 degrees along with the fans coming on. Voltage drop to 13.9. Fans go off at around 194 until it again goes back up to around 206

·
Registered
39 Posts
Put mine to work helping me with cut offs from my sawmill. I would have posted pics but message says a security token is missing and to inform the admin. Tried that but got another message saying I couldn't do that and to inform the admin. Hoping it's not a permanent problem.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What did I do to my Kodiak today? Nothing D... it. 😡. Weather was nice here today sunny and 46, and I had to many other obligations, would have been a nice day for a ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pics from the mill

Well it finally happened, the removable log 'deck' runner support collapsed under one of the logs due to a large limb knot in the log. Put the 950lb log down on the ground. But I have a couple of shortened ATV ramps and a winch on the Kodiak so up it went. The winch couldn't pull it all the way up, but it would hold it while I used my cant hook to roll it up onto the mill bed. If it weren't for the Kodiak, it would still be on the ground.

Attachments

341 - 360 of 406 Posts