Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a little Kawasaki Brute Force 300, I thought that moving up to a 700 kodiak would mean learning to control this bigger, heavier beast. I didn't have been more wrong!

Steering is light and responsive, even easier than the little 300 due to the power steering. Power, while seeming limitless coming from a smaller machine was smooth and very controllable.

I must admit I am a little sore today after yesterday's 3/4 tank ride but while riding, the kodiak seemed like an extension of myself it was so comfortable, nimble and responsive.

I live in southern Oregon near Grants Pass. If there are any forum members near, I would love to go on a group ride!

Here are a couple of pics from my first real ride.

Attachments

Reactions: sevennine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like a good time!
Here is a site I found recently that may open up more rides for you.
https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/
I don't know how it is in other states, but that site is severely lacking for Maine. One area it mentions does not have ATV access to my knowledge . . . and yet trails only a few miles away are not mentioned. In fact, Maine has something like 4,000 miles plus of ATV trails and only a small portion of the trail system is mentioned on that site.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts