Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is your kodiak more of a worker or play machine or 50-50 ? Myself mines 70% play and 30% work. Really the only work mine gets is moving tree stands for hunting and strapping a sprayer on the back for trails. The rest of the time I’m out playing in the mud and trail riding with it.

·
Super Moderator
127 Posts
Of course mine is not a Kodiak, a Grizzly, but pretty close to the same bike.

Mine does plow duty in the winter and then is a play bike outside of winter. Occasionally, I will take her and go play in the snow too but that can turn out to be a lot of work. Justification for buying my original Grizzly was to use it as a plow as it just took way too long to use a quality snow thrower. After 3 years of not using the snow thrower, sold it. Although my justification was meant as a snow plow, my intent was really for a play bike. Too many great places to ride within a reasonable trailering distance here.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Mines 95% play. Other then the occasional dragging of broken down sleds, and quads back to home.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mines been 100% play so far, but I do have a couple currently non-operational sleds to move from one end of the yard to the other.. once I do that it'll be... 99.8% play lol.

Reactions: Rob-c

·
Super Moderator
1,308 Posts
This last summer mine has been used as a tool stand, parts holder, and for something to take up some room in the garage.

Other than that during the winter it will plow snow until I head to Arizona in February where it will turn into a hunting vehicle. I'll also use it in the fall of the year for hunting, but the rest of the time during summer I'll use it to get into remote fishing locations where I don't want to beat my truck up to get into.

·
Super Moderator
127 Posts
I'll use it to get into remote fishing locations where I don't want to beat my truck up to get into.
Lakes or streams/rivers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Intended as a work machine but it is fun as hell :)

·
Super Moderator
1,308 Posts
Lakes or streams/rivers?
I have used it to get up to the Gramby's on the west side of the Grand Mesa along with a few smaller lakes on the edge of the Flat Tops Wilderness.

But even this year it has been a bust.

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
275 Posts
Does running the dog count as work? Sure couldn't do it without the Kodiak. Run him everyday. To the creek with coffee in the morning and a beer or 2 after work. Rest of the time is harvesting Oak and Hickory for my Son's restaurant. Hard work but better than some sweaty gym. All seems like fun to me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the idea of a Tax Deduction on
'Mr HAPPY' ... mostly just a lot of work to get a 'little Play' would like to claim a really 'large ' deduction... but would likely be required to provide proof. Problematic. Red

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is 100% play. Trail rides and dirt roads in the western desert and once or twice a year to Utah trails...Also I just picked up a set of paddles for the sand dunes this winter

·
Registered
213 Posts
100% toy! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Strictly work. No play. Haul and feed round bales of hay. Fix fence, check cattle, setup poly wire fence and lead cattle.

Reactions: RF70

·
Registered
85 Posts
Work and play, i enjoy riding the property though!

·
Registered
40 Posts
About 75% work and the rest playing on my neighbor's 'Jeep hill' and 18 acres.

·
Registered
12 Posts
About 75% work and the rest playing on my neighbor's 'Jeep hill' and 18 acres.
Read all the posts here. Glad I'm not the only one that uses it for my dogs. Use it everyday so I'll probably wear it out fast. Already a 1000 miles on a 2020 model in about 3 months of ownership. Some work on the property when doing the lawn.....not too much work though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts