Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly reminder to anybody riding the trails in northern Minnesota... the deer are on the move! I was out on the trails for 3 hours today and had two deer cross the trail right in front of me. Had to throw on the binders to prevent hitting the first one. Keep your eyes peeled, you never know what's around the next corner.

Stay safe out there :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I have often wondered just how some riders can see anything or enjoy the outing on their wheeler s. I have seen them nose to rear 10 riders deep going as fast as they can with dust everywhere to the point that you can't see 5' much less what is going on up front. If something would happen to rider #1 the pile up would rival what happens in Daytona or Talladega when the stock cars are running at 200+mph.

Perhaps it is my old age but anymore I just put around enjoying the sights and the country that is around me. I once went on a trail ride with a bunch of friends and I told them that I would bring up the rear of the pack. When they stopped for lunch I was over a hour behind them. When I asked them what they had seen they said not a thing other than some birds. They had missed deer, elk, and all kinds of other animals in their quest to get from point a to point b just as fast as they could.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have often wondered just how some riders can see anything or enjoy the outing on their wheeler s. I have seen them nose to rear 10 riders deep going as fast as they can with dust everywhere to the point that you can't see 5' much less what is going on up front. If something would happen to rider #1 the pile up would rival what happens in Daytona or Talladega when the stock cars are running at 200+mph.

Perhaps it is my old age but anymore I just put around enjoying the sights and the country that is around me. I once went on a trail ride with a bunch of friends and I told them that I would bring up the rear of the pack. When they stopped for lunch I was over a hour behind them. When I asked them what they had seen they said not a thing other than some birds. They had missed deer, elk, and all kinds of other animals in their quest to get from point a to point b just as fast as they could.
I'm with you there. I'm much more of a journey rider than a destination rider. If I wanted to race from point A to point B, I can do that in my car. If I want to see nature, enjoy the forest and challenge myself on the trails, I'll ride my wheeler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts