Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Today I got my warning tags in the mail from the individual on eBay that sells them. I actually had him make me a custom big plate that says Kodiak so now that will be an option in the future on his inventory. I will post the pictures of the 3 tags I chose. The gentleman I was in contact with about what I wanted was very prompt and helpful and I got exactly what I was looking for. Anyway I think if anyone wants the Kodiak one I had him make he should have a template for it. I will add a link to his eBay page. https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&sid=customtags1999&isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_mwBanner=1 but I think they look great and got rid of those giant ugly warning labels. Take care everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Link does not go there.
Love the plates!
Did you get the other stickers off and if so how did you do it?
I started to peel one of the ones on the back and even though it's new it crumbled at the edges.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, my test run worked before I posted it. Try this link https://www.ebay.com/usr/customtags1999?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 he recently added the kodiak ones he made on their I just checked. As far as getting the stickers off, slowly but surely. All the stickers on the rear I took off with my fingernails slowly picking at them, and yes i feel your pain they did crumble and come off in like 1/16 increments. And every couple of minutes I would put some goof off. The two on the storage compartment I had to use my fingernail and a razor blade carefully without scratching the paint. The peel off stickers on the fenders almost all came off in one piece just gettting under the edge. The only warning label that is currently on mine now is the one imbedded in the seat. All in all to remove all warning tags including the rivetted ones and replace them took around 3 hours of patience and a half a can of goof off and a handful of rags.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That link worked, and thanks for the sticker inspiration.
I have very short fingernails so they hurt pretty quick when little shards of sticker get in there...may have to get my youngest daughter to help with that! Lol!
I plan on ordering those plates soon. I hated the safety ones!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes very sore fingernails for the remainder of that day. The guy I emailed said you can mix and match anything he has so if you like others for your year and model but not all in the same one follow his directions on how to get what you want. I also read somewhere on the grizzly forum that there's another company out there that does plates too but I'm very happy with mine. Hopefully getting a tigertail soon and if anyone knows whether the rotopax are still free or clamp on I'm looking at those but from the way it sounds you have to drill into the rack? Maybe someone can chime in. Take care everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts