Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Warn ProVantage Plow Hitch Pins

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JimP 
#1 ·
Has anyone that has the ProVantage plow had any problems with the plows hitch pins coming undone?

I just got through plowing my driveway and right at the start one of the hitch pins came undone and went to never never land and the other one was not too far from doing the same thing. I wondered about how they hook up with the clip but now I know.

I'll head to the hardware store and pick up a couple of new ones that clip back into themselves so it won't happen again. It was a good thing that I had a couple of ones that would work so that I got my plowing done.

#2 ·
Hitch pins

Hi,

I just mounted my provantage winch and plow assembly 2 weeks ago and I have had 5 plow days on it so far and no issues with them at all. I am using the center mount though. I noticed my hitch pins were super tight and have to use 2 hands to pull the clip over. The plow set up is going to stay on for the winter, so I really won't be popping them on and off much. One thing that I modified that seems to make a pretty big difference is I took the roller fairlead off and mounted a KFI 105270 plow fairlead. Seems to be way more smooth for plowing, doesn't kink the cable and cheap compared to replacing my Warn fairlead

#3 ·
I should of said that I have the front plow mount on my Kodiak.

The hitch pins don't go all the way around and connect into themselves like most of them do but they hook into a metal tab on the back of the mount. I have felt them after connecting them up and they feel secure but I must of hit some ice that popped them off. The pins that I replaced them with hit on the front bash shield when installed and it is a little bit of a trick to unhook them but once you do it you can do it quickly.

I looked at that plow flairhead but I use my Kodiak enough in the winter when I pull the plow off that I'll just stick with the oversized roller on a roller one. I had one on my old 2000 Kodiak and even with a smaller roller I only broke the winch line once and I just weaved a new loop into it and it was good to go, only loosing about 2 1/2' of winch line. With the newer oversize rollers and the different angle to the pulley on the plow it might not be as much of a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.