Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
Would someone please tell me where I can find the vin and model number on our 2016 kodiak 700?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Vin is on the front left part of the frame behind the tire. It’s kinda hidden by the skid plate.

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay. Thanks fellers.

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
While I haven't looked at mine the vin number should be stamped into the frame as a permanent marking.

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
Did you ever find the VIN? the last 2 numbers are supposed to tell you the year. Did someone mess with it?
The last two numbers have nothing to do with the year. The last set of numbers usually is the production number of the model. The last 6 digits of my vin are 105975 and my year is a 2016

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
Here is the location of the vin and model numbers. The model number is just on a sticker so it could of been washed off if you are not the original owner, or even if you are.

The vin number is stamped into the frame behind the lower control arm on the left hand side. You may have to remove some plastics to get to it. I took a look for mine and can't see it without removing the lower plastics and foot stand off.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts