Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If those fronts are maxed oit access you can make them thud just sitting ahead rocking, then you better order replacement shocks now. Those won't have much life in them after a couple rides.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Everyone should throw 5 bucks in a "pot" guessing how many miles they'll last and the winner gets it lol. Why shocks don't come with an internal bump stop is beyond me, especially on powersports stuff where topping out a shock could potentially happen hundreds of times a day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dang I need new tires :cry:interested to see your shock situation for when I do put bigger rubber.
IMG_20210212_223201653.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dang I need new tires :cry:interested to see your shock situation for when I do put bigger rubber.
View attachment 10412
You on stock tires still? Where are the preload collars set on your shocks? After I put my 28"s on I had to set my preload to max in the rear to cut down on most of the rubbing, and the fronts even though they weren't rubbing I set to 1 below max. Must of given me an inch right there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock tire, I've been riding with it on the first notch. Ill have to try and crank it up at least an inch, it does still ride pretty plush.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts