Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
I completely forgot that we had this forum on here.

Here is my dandy of a muzzle loader mule deer shot this last September in Utah. Hunting had been very slow only seeing does and fawns. In 5 days I had only seen 4 other bucks and they were all small ones. I did however watch some real nice bull elk. This was on the Monroe Mountain where the spider bull was shot.

On the fifth day of hunting I saw my fifth buck and knew that I had to pull the trigger.

Registered
I completely forgot that we had this forum on here.

Here is my dandy of a muzzle loader mule deer shot this last September in Utah. Hunting had been very slow only seeing does and fawns. In 5 days I had only seen 4 other bucks and they were all small ones. I did however watch some real nice bull elk. This was on the Monroe Mountain where the spider bull was shot.

On the fifth day of hunting I saw my fifth buck and knew that I had to pull the trigger.

That's Awesome, someday I hope to hunt mule deer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #4
I was using my inline .50. I have a old .54 side lock that I should of been using but I'm getting too old to really see the sight picture that well. He was close enough that I could of used a rock.

Utah allows scopes so that helps me out a lot but I found a sight that is legal in most states that don't allow scopes that I'll put on my side lock and see how I do with it.

Registered
nice buck. He is making the front end of your Kodiak squat a little.

Registered
**** fine looking Buck!
The ones we have around here are black tails, and they are tiny compared to a white tail much less a mule deer.
They breed like rabbits and meander in yards and on the streets and highways with no fear at all of cars or people.
Out in the county I saw a guy one time open his door and pop one in the head with a 22LR. It dropped straight to the ground. He drug it 15 ' or so to the gutting hooks on the side of the porch.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #7
nice buck. He is making the front end of your Kodiak squat a little.

I'd say that the front rack is a little bit overloaded. As he is in the picture he was on the plus side of 300 lbs. I had a heck of a time getting him up there and was thinking of just dragging him but I had a few miles to come out.

Registered
Fantastic looking buck. Yep I definitely need to look into doing some mule deer hunting out of state next fall, to try something different from the typical whitetails of Minnesota.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts