Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great ride this past weekend in NH.
It was very cold in the morning. Definitely need hand warmers and will be ordering the heat demon hand and thumb warmer setup. Does someone have a picture of the wire connections they used? I just got the quad a month ago so I’m not super familiar with it just yet.

Also been looking into light bars or pods. I will be using mine for plowing. It has a boss plow that blocks the headlights when fully raised. Looking forward input on light bars vs pods and mounting locations. Also what switches are best. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Reactions: Madmax

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
Does someone have a picture of the wire connections they used? I just got the quad a month ago so I’m not super familiar with it just yet.

Also been looking into light bars or pods. I will be using mine for plowing. It has a boss plow that blocks the headlights when fully raised. Looking forward input on light bars vs pods and mounting locations. Also what switches are best. Thanks!
If you are going to add multiple accessories, you might consider wiring in a fuse block. I will include a second post with a schematic that should be fairly explanatory. All accessories have their own fuse and the fuse block is energized by way of a relay that gets switched on by the 12V acc. plug wire.

Reactions: Saint_T

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts

As per type of LED lights to use, really up to you on how much light you want and how much you want to spend. I have both a cheap LED 12" bar and two 3" pods but only have the 3" LED pods installed right now. The 12" LED bar was a bit much but I'm finding the 3" pods to be too little. I am hoping my wife buys me the following LED light bar as I know someone who is knowledgable in light spectrum and light focus and recommends the following company for high quality, well focused light at reasonable pricing when compared to the big name brands. I am just going to end up with one of their Stage Series 6" SAE/DOT White Light Bar (SAE Driving) lights and probably remove the cheap pods. DiodeDynamics.com is the company. Also, for mounting, search for KC HiLiTES 73071 Light Mount Tube Clamp. Comes in different sizes to fit different tubes for mounting lights. Not especially cheap, but good. For switches, I purchase round marine lighted switches made for boats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? Nothing about the guy up to the bars in water??
haha- this was in NH this past weekend. The water trap had several possible paths to go. We all went through the obvious easy way the first try. The guy pictured wanted to give it another try from a harder path. Needless to say, it did not go well. He was on a Brute Force 750 with 27” tires too. Took about an hour to get him out. The 570 was using a winch. The 570 kept pulling itself into the water so I had to tether to it. Once we started pulling the Brute, it began to tip. We had to engineer a triangulated system with snatch blocks to change the pulling angle. Earned our beers that evening!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Thats real pretty country.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Beauty way to go..Eh?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RedRocket- thanks for the informative post. I’m not fully confident in reading the wiring diagram and implementing into my quad. I’ll have to spend some more time on it. I’ll check out DD and some marine switches too. For light bars, I’ve been gravitating towards Black Oak single row, 10”.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts