Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 5 foot boss atv plow for my 2017 kodiak 700 se and the dealership assured me that it wouldn't weigh too much for the 4wheeler. Well it does, it barely rest an inch off the ground, had to have several ppl sit on the back just so I could load it up in the trailer. How can I fix this problem? What do I need to do? Thank you in advance all ideas are appreciated. This was a very expensive plow and will be so instrumental in my buisness!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make a blade that is 1foot smaller but it only weighs 20 lbs less so that really isn't going to do much a difference.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You need a Kimpex Click & Go II. The II model frame bends in the middle and is spring loaded, so you can lift it up even when the plow frame bottoms out on the bike's chassis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume that is winch operated? I am going to call yamaha dealership tomorrow but im hoping maybe I can just put on some new coils or something and I will be able to use the plow because its a serious heavy duty, hydraulic operated plow. Which means not only less effort to do jobs, but less time spent at each job, better quality, and not too mention less energy expended!

·
Registered
741 Posts
The thing is, these are not a big bike. They are more of a 700 stuffed in a 550 chassis. The front rack is only rated for 110 lbs and I have to assume the suspension has something to do with that. Maybe you can put grizzly springs in but , maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
1,656 Posts
I actually don't think that you could beef up the suspension to take the weight of the plow up higher. I weigh 240 lbs and when I sit on the front rack of my Kodiak it doesn't dip down that much. Now if I was riding it on the front rack it might get some more movement due to a bounce but I don' think that it would move that much.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Boss doesn't even say that the V plow will work on the Kodiak but offers two different size poly blades for it. That might say something.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Any v plows I've seen marketed toward OHV 's Jim, have been for side by sides . So , I am kind of thinking the same thing. When I look at that complete plow and assembly , I have to question the 190 lbs. I wonder if that's just the blade and bracket?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Plow Blade

I have an old Cycle Country blade that was on a 350 Big Bear, Suzuki Eiger, and I just mounted it on my 2016 Kodiak. It is only 4 ft and works great. Everytime I moved it to a different machine, I just had to buy a new mounting bracket. Cycle Country has sold out to Kolpin but Kolpin still produces the mounting brackets and has taken Cycle Country's design and now producing the blade and push tubes under their name. Great blade/plow system. I actually am running it with their manual lift handle system even though I have a winch mounted on my Kodiak. I find the manual lift is nice cause you can finesse the blade up when I start to push the snow off my driveway and into the grass and am not digging up the yard. Great system and have pushed a
lot of snow with this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys for the info, i really appreciate it. I decided to do a couple of things to ensure that ill be able to use the plow. I ordered new front/back suspension from highlifter that will help to be able to carry all the weight, 2in lift, and 27 inch tires, so with everything combined there shouldn't be any reason that I'm unable to use the new Boss plow. Apparently when Boss was making their plows they partnered with high lifter to develop a suspension that would be able to handle all the extra weight. Boss assured me that the suspension was all I needed to do but I went ahead put the lift and bigger tires on their so hopefully when it does snow and I'm plowing there won't be any kind of problem, won't have any trouble trying to unload or any of that. I dropped my kodiak off on Friday at the local yamaha dealership, so it should be ready by end of day Monday. So hopefully ill know by monday night whether all this is going to work or not?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts