Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should clarify I’m not talking about hillbilly inventions (like that time you duct taped a snow shovel to the front of your machine to make a “snow plow”) but actual nice things you can build or buy. I’ve seen a few so I’m guessing others have seen more.

One is the paracord lead for a winch that connects to the front rack. I like this for a couple reasons. I think with the right colors it looks nicer than the winch cable hanging out. The other reason is that in a pinch it can be unraveled and used for whatever is needed. Plus, it’s cheap and easy to do. You can get them custom made for like $20.

Next is buying a towing sling from from an industrial sling supplier. There’s an ad on Kijiji from a place in Edmonton call Super Slings. For $59.99 you get a 2” hitch receiver (good for 6000lbs), a 3.25T shackle and a 2” x 20’ sling with a 32,000 lbs break force. I’ve seen enough winch cables and cheap slings break that I don’t want anything to do with it. I get free slings from work but wanted to provide something for everyone here to look up or buy.

Last is the Muff Pot. It’s a little pot that bolts to the exhaust of a snowmobile. You can throw your food in there for a hot meal when you’re out riding. It’s been awhile but I swear there’s a “canvas” bag version of this for atv’s. It’s $60 on Amazon and I think the pot one could still work on an atv.

What do you all got?

If I find more unique stuff I will throw it in this thread too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Muff Pot for all your carbon monoxide infused foods. Lol.

The center compartment gets pretty hot in there and can probably be used to keep food warm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Ike using plastic milk crates for tool storage but they are a little too tall so I cut them down and used heavy zip ties to secure onto rack. Also made a nice clam shell type storage box that uses bungees to secure shut.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Home made is the best way to go. Then you can customize it to suit your needs.

There have been a number of times that I have purchased something and then taken it apart only to rebuild it the way that I want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts