Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question guys, the fan is on when I get home, how long should I let it run before switching off ignition? Second, I have a GoPro hooked up to the accessory outlet, no current there however I'm buying some aftermarket lighting and thinking of using an auxiliary battery in the box below the seat instead of taxing the primary battery. What do ya all think?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had 2007 450 and ran 4 halogen driving/fog lights plus my regular headlights for night riding most weekends during the winter months with no issues .I eventually switched to a 10 in rigid led bar and again no issues. atv always started even after sitting outside for the week . I really don’t think you need extra battery go pro doesn’t really draw anything ,I plug my Gps in the aux plug again no issues.

·
Registered
627 Posts
If my fan is on when I get home, I just wait til it shuts off, then i shut the machine down. For lighting , go LED lightbar 12" or smaller. Mine is 7" and plenty powerful. They don't draw a lot of amperage. You don't need a second battery.

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
I just shut mine off if the fan is on or off, it really doesn't matter. The coolant in the engine will heat up when there is no more circulation in the cooling system even if you leave the engine running until the fan shuts off.

I have a temperature gauge installed on mine and if I remember right the fan turns on around 205 degrees F and shuts off around 194 degrees F.

On the battery, don't worry about it. That is unless you plan on having the lights on with the engine off. The generator on these machines is a very weak low amperage output one. I also have a volt gauge hooked up on mine and can watch the volts drop when I have the lights on and if I use the winch it drops even more but not enough to worry.. But the battery handles it fine.

Reactions: rancherMike
1 - 5 of 5 Posts