Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 Stock 2019 Kodiak 450 1.5” lift on 27s 2018 Kodiak 450 Stock
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Found some used wheels and tires for cheap. My stock steelie lugs won’t work because they are too short and the socket won’t fit in the wheel hole. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct lugs?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
Found some used wheels and tires for cheap. My stock steelie lugs won’t work because they are too short and the socket won’t fit in the wheel hole. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct lugs? View attachment 10942
they do make lug extensions if you can find them.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Is the stud shorter if you have steel wheels? Mine is an SE with the aluminum wheels. A deep well socket fit in the hole ok.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I’m not sure if the studs are shorter in the steel wheel setup. Good question. I do have plenty of stud length when I put the new wheels on, I just cannot get the socket to fit in there. I ordered some spline drive lugs so the socket that comes with should fit 👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Found some used wheels and tires for cheap. My stock steelie lugs won’t work because they are too short and the socket won’t fit in the wheel hole. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct lugs? View attachment 10942
All you need is a thin wall socket, many aftermarket rims require it.
The last thing you want is lugs that extend out past the rim face and then tighten only on the tip of the lug as the socket should be fully seated.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bachman44 and JimP

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey everyone. After I signed up I realized there is no 450 section so if this is 700 only, I’ll see myself out. I bought an 18 450 new and then met my gf and bought a 19 so we could ride together. We both love it. However, mine has seen conditions that it shouldn’t. We are in drought so me and a couple buddies went to the river to ride. Only a couple feet deep or less in 90% of it. But I found a hole. She went mostly under and it died. Got it out within 30 sec, checked the air box (dry) and drained the belt. Fired right up. I made it almost back home and it died, on dry land. Couldn’t hear the pump prime. Blows the fuel injection fuse immediately on the turn of the key. Towed it home, took it apart, cleaned and greased every connection I can find on the machine. Well it blows the 10 amp fuse still but it doesn’t blow a 15. However, the pump is very loud when it primes with the 15 amp fuse. It seems to run fine but I don’t want to run it for more than a few seconds. So, its pulling too much power somewhere? I know I haven’t contributed yet on the forum but I would like some advice on what to do next, besides stay out of the water. Thank you!
Brother did you ever figure out what the vibration was that you experienced on your 450? I hope I've got it right that you mentioned this. Any feedback? Red

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Brother did you ever figure out what the vibration was that you experienced on your 450? I hope I've got it right that you mentioned this. Any feedback? Red
It wasn’t a vibration but it was a vibration or bearing type noise. I didn’t figure it out yet. One of my buddies immediately said it was the clutch but I haven’t looked into it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well to be honest she looks kinda mean for a 450
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

The back sticks out a ways but I guess with bein taller that ain’t all bad.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Is that a 27-9-12 on all 4 corners? It looks great! Hope it has the power for it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Is that a 27-9-12 on all 4 corners? It looks great! Hope it has the power for it!
The rears are 27-10s. Thank you! I think it’s going to be fine on power. I mean it spins them in 4h no problem on gravel so I guess in 4l it’ll be ok in the mud 🤷🏼‍♂️ I guess I better find out! Lol

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
The rears are 27-10s. Thank you! I think it’s going to be fine on power. I mean it spins them in 4h no problem on gravel so I guess in 4l it’ll be ok in the mud 🤷🏼‍♂️ I guess I better find out! Lol
nice man! how does it pick up and ride?

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
The rears are 27-10s. Thank you! I think it’s going to be fine on power. I mean it spins them in 4h no problem on gravel so I guess in 4l it’ll be ok in the mud I guess I better find out! Lol
Ooohhhh... You can almost hear the wet clutch moaning over its last breaths. Lol

That's alot of meat for that 450 to turn, it will do it, but i would say ask santa for a wet clutch rebuild for Christmas.

Reactions: bachman44

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
nice man! how does it pick up and ride?
It rides stiffer which I was hoping for. I had the shock nuts all the way up before and it still felt soft. A lot of body roll. I like the wider stance. Going up and down the ditches last night felt stable. Once I get in some water or mud I’ll be able to tell if the 27s are too much. On gravel it’s hard to tell. 95% of the time I don’t have any gear with me. With me bein 190 ish and no gear, it’s probably no worse than someone 230 with gear. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Ooohhhh... You can almost hear the wet clutch moaning over its last breaths. Lol

That's alot of meat for that 450 to turn, it will do it, but i would say ask santa for a wet clutch rebuild for Christmas.

If Santa were to be good to me this year, what clutch kit should I be asking for?

·
Registered
379 Posts
You may just shim your primary sheave and be good. Costs like 0.29 or something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
You may just shim your primary sheave and be good. Costs like 0.29 or something.
Interesting. I’ll google learn on that since I have no idea what that means lol. Thank you!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I got it a little muddy tonight. I really don’t think there is going to be any terrain I see that would keep the 450 from spinning the tires in low. I went through mud, up the river bank, and over downed trees no problem. I feel a lot better after getting it out tonight. On a flat road the steering sure likes to wander though!
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Plant

41 - 60 of 79 Posts