Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
u can also take a multi meter to the spot where the fuse is and see what it is taking in for amps.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 Stock 2019 Kodiak 450 1.5” lift on 27s 2018 Kodiak 450 Stock
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
u can also take a multi meter to the spot where the fuse is and see what it is taking in for amps.
I’ll do that tomorrow and see what I get. I was hoping it would dry out and fix itself lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
On using the meter to check amps, make sure that the amp reading on the meter goes higher than the fuse in the circuit.

Also I'm not sure if you did it or not but never place a higher amp fuse in place of a blown one of lower amperage or you may end up with a major wiring problem

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
On using the meter to check amps, make sure that the amp reading on the meter goes higher than the fuse in the circuit.

Also I'm not sure if you did it or not but never place a higher amp fuse in place of a blown one of lower amperage or you may end up with a major wiring problem

worst case scenario like i had on my honda, a frame short by the gas tank, in my opinion, Yamaha is better than Honda, especially in cable management and quality

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
worst case scenario like i had on my honda, a frame short by the gas tank, in my opinion, Yamaha is better than Honda, especially in cable management and quality
Well it’s the pump. Do I need to buy the whole assembly for $350 or can I buy just the aftermarket pump like “Quantum” Pumps for $70? I assume the issue is just the pump itself……

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
For OEM it is the whole assembly. I'm not sure if a aftermarket one would fit.

I'd try Ebay for a part-out one

Reactions: bachman44

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I ordered the whole assembly and it works fine now. I guess the old pump was shot and working too hard. 10 amp fuse no longer blows. Anyway, I decided after this that I need an ATV that I don’t do stupid stuff too. So I am picking up a 700 on the 11th and I’ll put a snorkel on the 450 and just continue to send it.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Glad you got it fixed!
now you can start tweaking that 700 with better tires, different clutching… lol! Pretty soon you will be doing dumb stuff on it, like the rest of us!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Glad you got it fixed!
now you can start tweaking that 700 with better tires, different clutching… lol! Pretty soon you will be doing dumb stuff on it, like the rest of us!
Lol you’re already a bad influence and I don’t even have it yet!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Now that I have the fuel pump issue fixed, I’ve got something else going on. Once both of the 450s got about 150 miles on them, a weird bearing noise started at idle. Tap the throttle and it goes away. Gets back down to idle it come back after half a sec. didn’t really care since they both did it. But, now the one I ride is loud. My buddy tonight actually turned his machine off thinking something was wrong. I thought for a second that it was a heat shield rattle and the idle vibration was just the right speed to get it hittin something. But I’m not thinking so…. Runs good, engine break is good, belt isn’t slippin….

·
Registered
420 Posts
I probably have my head 'lodged up my' on this one but here goes. My 450 made the most annoying metallic scraping/grating sound with a vibrating sensation on throttle lift off suddenly most noticeable while descending. Thought it was coming from the rear diff, dealer said it was normal. Finally noticed that if I touched the rear brake pedal it went away. After multiple adjustments to the brake cable tension the noise went away.. of note when I over adjusted the cable it then vibrated at idle. Probably not your issue but worth a try. The noise was highly irritating much less noise now. Check the rear wet brakes... just a thought.

Reactions: bachman44

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Got the 700 today. Completely different animal than the 450s. Currently taking a break. Putting a lift on the red one. I need to get the springs compressed and I about tried ratchet straps but came to my senses. All I have is a compressor for large auto springs but I’ll get it to work. May or may not use a grinder so shave a bit off of the compressor height. I have a rear cv boot to replace yet too.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
149 Posts
Got the 700 today. Completely different animal than the 450s. Currently taking a break. Putting a lift on the red one. I need to get the springs compressed and I about tried ratchet straps but came to my senses. All I have is a compressor for large auto springs but I’ll get it to work. May or may not use a grinder so shave a bit off of the compressor height. I have a rear cv boot to replace yet too. View attachment 10926 View attachment 10928 View attachment 10929
Quick question, how does the left rear heat shield behind and near the foot well look on the 700 from the factory?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Quick question, how does the left rear heat shield behind and near the foot well look on the 700 from the factory?
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Motor vehicle

there is a little above the dipstick access door too. There isn’t much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The red one is fighting me the whole way. When I took the right rear wheel off, I noticed one of the belt cover bolts didn’t look tight. I put a socket on it to check the size and it pulled right out. The end of the threads snapped off inside. 🤦🏻 Drilled it out and I’m going to tap it just to get the shavings out tomorrow. I do have a question, would the 450 be able to get out of its own way if I kept the gearing stock with 27s?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The red one is fighting me the whole way. When I took the right rear wheel off, I noticed one of the belt cover bolts didn’t look tight. I put a socket on it to check the size and it pulled right out. The end of the threads snapped off inside. 🤦🏻 Drilled it out and I’m going to tap it just to get the shavings out tomorrow. I do have a question, would the 450 be able to get out of its own way if I kept the gearing stock with 27s?
yes, I think Yamaha even sells a set of 27's as aftermarket with 14 inch rims, i seen them for the 700 too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I’m going to get some 27s for the red one then. I’m also going to snorkel that one. I probably better get some wheel spacers too although I’ll keep an eye out for a deal on new wheels with a wider offset. Projects and repairs caught up with for now.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 79 Posts