Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving with my 07 Kodiak 400 and I was going about 20 Kmh and. Suddenly I heard some clunking and H and Reverse aren’t working or even letting the quad drive at all as if it were in neutral but the quad still runs what problems am I looking at do you think? And also do transmissions slip? Or gear boxs? Slip if the oil hasn’t been changed orrrr?

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
A friend had the same problem with his Polaris and it was the drive belt slipping and about to come apart.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I realize this is a old thread but as I was reading thru a Honda forum because I also own a old Honda Rubicon, It struck me as odd that I read so many posts about transmission problems on that forum. Because I never see anything like it here or on Grizzly Central about transmission issues other than people wanting to do clutch mods to change performance. This was the only thread I could find on transmission issues, there maybe more but the point is Yamaha has a far superior transmission than Honda and I keep thinking my old 2001 Honda Rubicon is a ticking time bomb. And if it ever does take a transmission crap on me it will get replaced with a Yamaha. (And maybe before it does if the right deal comes along)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I realize this is a old thread but as I was reading thru a Honda forum because I also own a old Honda Rubicon, It struck me as odd that I read so many posts about transmission problems on that forum. Because I never see anything like it here or on Grizzly Central about transmission issues other than people wanting to do clutch mods to change performance. This was the only thread I could find on transmission issues, there maybe more but the point is Yamaha has a far superior transmission than Honda and I keep thinking my old 2001 Honda Rubicon is a ticking time bomb. And if it ever does take a transmission crap on me it will get replaced with a Yamaha. (And maybe before it does if the right deal comes along)
Agreed..

Honda are big on the "We don't use vulnerable belt system!"

But the older Honda automatic sure seem volunerabe and expensive to fix compared to Yamaha / Suzuki belt systems that's have proven themselves almost bullet proof for 20 years now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts