Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made no performance upgrades on my Kodiak but was pleased with the way it ran. A family group went up into the Medicine Bow national forest in Wyoming, around Rob Roy reservoir this weekend and rode some trails. I found some snow drifts on some trails at 10,000 ft that were just impassable and had to turn around, but went through others fairly easily. There were two drifts that I high centered on and had to winch my machine out. The stock Maxxi tires on it gripped almost too well when cornering on gravel, as I think a little drift from the rear tires would make faster cornering doable but it wasn't a race, I was just trying to keep up with my son's KTM dirt bike and the S-I-L's rented Arctic Cat 550 ATV. The square knobbie tires on the AC would allow him some drift on the corners, but I didn't look at the brand on them. Came home yesterday very tired and a little sunburned but had fun with the kids and grandkids.:wink2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
That sounds like you guys had a good trip. I honestly feel the Kodiak is just as comfortable in a trail riding situation as it is in a working situation. Its by no means the fastest machine on the trail but it will get you where you want to go its like a little mountain goat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts