Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Nova Scotia/New Brunswick want to trade 2017 Tactical black Kodiak SE plastics for a set of Camo? Obviously the Camo plastics would have to be mint.

I havent purchased it yet, just putting it out there. Its a long shot i know.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats why its probably a long shot, if someone paid the xtra to get the camo, then probably unlikely they want to trade them. but on the other hand you HAVE to get the SE to get the black. who knows thought I'd put it out there.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Why not buy an eps camo? The only thing missing would be diff lock. I plan on buying the grabber diff lock conversion if the feed back is favourable. The kit just came out in February. To be honest, I haven't encountered a situation where i needed diff lock yet. Upgrading my tires probably helped big time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its crossed my mind for sure, but I like the pushbutton 4wd too. Does the lever work on the fly? I test drove one and i couldnt get it back into 2wd without stopping.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
I have done it while moving but it takes a little practice.

When you take it out you have to lock it in 2wd or push the lever until it clicks to get the light to go out I believe

·
Registered
112 Posts
I do it all the time, and the only thing required is that you let off the throttle (and you can't be spinning the back wheels, but this applies to any 4WD system). I'll do it if I'm riding a trail and see a spot I might need 4WD in - I'll shift before going through the rough spot and shift back out when I'm out. Sometimes when I flip the lever into 2WD it doesn't click into place immediately, but letting off or getting back on the gas makes it click.

·
Registered
627 Posts
When I was buying my 16 eps, the salesman neglected to mention the no diff lock issue. I found out online after I bought it. I was quite irate and thought geez, this thing will be useless! Fast forward to now and I've had this bike through some ugly stuff and made it through every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts