Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of tracks on my Kodiak and it was a pretty easy install. Took me a couple hours hardest part was finding the right bolt for the new bracket for the rear tracks as the stock Yamaha one is about 1.5in too short. The gear reduction in my tracks according to my GPS speed and my machine speedometer is about 50% so when it reads 20 I'm actually only doing 10. I've been looking around online on how to correct the speedometer and people keep recommending Speedohealer just wondering if anyone has used this product before and how hard it was to install?

·
Registered
523 Posts
No idea on the speedohealer ,but give us more details on the tracks - brand ,weight, cost etc. awesome set up..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tracks are Camso T4S. They are pretty dang heavy compared to stock tires and rims. I don't really notice the weight much those as it is geared drastically lower with the tracks so the Kodiak gets them moving no problem. These were pretty reasonably priced as I bought them used from a friend that had them on his Kodiak and his job was relocating to Texas where he would have no need for them. I haven't gotten a lot of use on these yet as I'm trying to fix the Speedo on the machine before I rack up a million miles as the speedo is recording miles twice as fast as they actually are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think I commented elsewhere, but the SpeedoDRD simply plugged in right at the speed sensor on one of my Ranchers, the Kodiak sensor looks very similar if they make one for it. I'm guessing you want to fix it because the diff-lock limiter is coming on at 10mph now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I commented elsewhere, but the SpeedoDRD simply plugged in right at the speed sensor on one of my Ranchers, the Kodiak sensor looks very similar if they make one for it. I'm guessing you want to fix it because the diff-lock limiter is coming on at 10mph now.
I actually just want to fix it so I'm not putting twice as many miles on my machine as I really am. I'll look into the speedoDRD as it looks to be a bit cheaper than the speedohealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts